[confirm] After using Arcsoft Renderer for HD Bitstreaming - Sound will not work! (1 Viewer)

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.1 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Maya
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel Atom 330
    HDD: Samsung 2,5" 500GB
    Memory: 4GB DDR-800
    Motherboard: ASUS AT3N7A-I
    Video Card: NVidia ION
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim
    Sound Card AC3: HDMI 1.3
    Sound Card Driver: latest
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case: OrigenAE - M10 Black
    Cooling: ichbinleise - Controller + 80er fan
    Power Supply: OrigenAE
    Remote: Philips 5100
    TV: Philips 42" PFL7403D
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI -> Onkyo 707 -> Philips TV

Ok let's start with this thing, I don't know if this "bug" is related to MediaPortal or to the renderer itself:
    When using Arcsoft Renderer in Video section in combination with ffdshow you can Bitstream HD Audio (DTS HD Master etc.) with Xonar HDAV Soundcard, but after watching a movie MediaPortal seems to get stuck within the renderer and don't releases him -> result is no audio! You need to restart MediaPortal to get it working again.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Register Arcsoft Renderer
    - Set it up in MediaPortal Configuration as Renderer in combination with ffdshow audio codec
    - Start MediaPortal
    - Start Movie with Dolby or DTS Track
    - Stop Movie
    -> No Sound!

I can post logs later after work, but there is nothing in there related to this problem :(

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can confirm this!
    Also check this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-hd-truehd-pass-trough-xonar-hdav1-3-a-76344/

I also tried to open a m2ts file in MPC-HC. Both Dolby TruHD an DTS HD master audio were present in this file. Both tracks are playable in MPC-HC and Mediaportal.

But when I tried to open a new file in MPC-HC, like a MKV or MP3 file, the same bug occured. No audio!!

So what conclusion can we get from this?

Thx

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think this is somewhere in the FFDShow, Arcsoft Renderer and MP combo. The Arcsoft renderer is not meant to be used outside of TMT and I guess the TMT code does something to handle the renderer.

My experience is that I can play a few videos and at some point one will not have any audio when I start it; there is is no pattern and occurs whether or not the files contain HD audio. I did try using the default directshow audio renderer and FFDShow (with stereo / DD / DTS) but don't think I could replicate it there (but will try again soon)

I think that the issue lies in how MP builds the graph and I guess it re-uses the same graph if need be. I am wondering whether the Arcsoft Renderer expects to be reconnected each time??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom