AirPlayer - AirPlay target for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Ka9BaL

Portal Member
October 21, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Seems that Airplayer doesn't work with iOS 9 public beta versions.
Any fix for that?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No idea, Apple usually change/break something with every major release. Logs may help, specifically Airplayer.log - make sure you set log level to debug

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No idea, Apple usually change/break something with every major release. Logs may help, specifically Airplayer.log - make sure you set log level to debug

I have IOS 9.02 production release. Symptoms are:
    - Have to reboot phone for it to see the Mediaportal Airplayer plugin & enable airplay in the phone.
    - after trying to airplay, if I close & restart app, then option to airplay disappears.
    - I ran a logfile with the basic music app, tried to send the same song twice; each time iphone sound muted but no launch of airplayer music play in Mediaportal (no response on PC side). debug log attached.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the logs. Unfortunately they don't show any connection attempts, probably because Apple have fundamentally redesigned the Airplay protocol by the sounds of it.
    I haven't been able to find any details on the updated protocol except some vague references here - http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/11/apple-ios-9-airplay-improvements-screen-mirroring/

I don't have the time (or ability) to reverse engineer it myself so unfortunately unless someone else releases an open source spec/implementation it probably wont be fixed any time soon :(

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Oh well, so much for trying to get out of the walled garden. Thanks for checking the logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom