AirPlayer - AirPlay target for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll look into it, does it turn off when you are playing video or just with audio?

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I notice that the status of this plugin is still stated as "testing". Will updates be available through the MPEI application?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    They should be, it's marked as stable within the installer

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Brownard for this great plugin. I had Airserver program running and saw your plugin to MediaPortal. It's working great and i find it more stable then Airserver.
    My question is related to the pictureviewer and videoviewer.

I found out that pictures in portrait are presented in landscape. Bad for the head ;-)
    Is there a way to fix that?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I found out that pictures in portrait are presented in landscape. Bad for the head ;-)
    Is there a way to fix that?

Are you saying that portrait images are rotated 90 degrees so are displayed on their side? Do they display correctly on the device? Are they taken with the inbuilt camera or from another source?

Portrait and landscape photos are displaying correctly for me :confused:

Fred777

Portal Member
    March 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi Brownard,

First thanks a lot for your plugin, it's really great to have AirPlay for both audio and video. I can now remove my old Airport Express :)

But I wanted to report you 2 things :
    1. You should indicate in the first post that the URL Source Splitter is necessary for the videos to work properly. I had to look in the logs in order to figure it out.
    2. I don't know if it's on my particular setup but I'm facing a crash of MediaPortal when playing audio and with audio output forced to a particular device in the MediaPortal Music Configuration tab.
    In this tab : http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/deki/files/4105/=MusicPlayer.png set a sound device other than Default and you will encounter the problem.

I attached the logs but you will not find much interesting infomation. The interesting thing is that not everything in MediaPortal is crashing because the GUI is blocked, no music playing but the keys sounds are working and actions logged. Strange.

I'm currently using MP 1.6.0 on Win7 x64 and tested with iOS 5, 6 and 7.1

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi, thanks for your report.

1. You should indicate in the first post that the URL Source Splitter is necessary for the videos to work properly. I had to look in the logs in order to figure it out.

I do recommend in the first post that you install OnlineVideos so you have this filter installed but perhaps it's not explicit enough, you should be able to play most videos without it though (except maybe MOVs). Did the log state that it was falling back to the default source filter 'File Source (URL)'?

2. I don't know if it's on my particular setup but I'm facing a crash of MediaPortal when playing audio and with audio output forced to a particular device in the MediaPortal Music Configuration tab.

I'm not seeing this behaviour here with my (admittedly limited) testing. What's the name/type of the device you are trying to play to? Out of interest if you select 'internal dshow player' as the player from that screen together with a non default sound device can you play music from the local file system within MP OK? The plugin uses a slightly modified version of that player.

Thanks

Fred777

Portal Member
    March 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I do recommend in the first post that you install OnlineVideos so you have this filter installed but perhaps it's not explicit enough, you should be able to play most videos without it though (except maybe MOVs). Did the log state that it was falling back to the default source filter 'File Source (URL)'?
    Yes log said that splitter was missing and switched to default source filter as far as I remember. But Source Splitter was clearly mentionned in the log so it was easy to find dolution. I must have missed the OnlineVideos trick, my bad!

I'm not seeing this behaviour here with my (admittedly limited) testing. What's the name/type of the device you are trying to play to? Out of interest if you select 'internal dshow player' as the player from that screen together with a non default sound device can you play music from the local file system within MP OK? The plugin uses a slightly modified version of that player.
    I currently use this setting to force audio output to my external amp using optic connection. I don't have music stored on the computer, I use Rockstar with Grooveshark account for most of my music. But I will try playing local files to test if behavior is the same with integrated player.
    I will check that tomorrow after work and will report testing results, that's a bit late right now :sleep:
    I also just setup MP on another computer to test if problem occurs on this one.

Thanks!

Fred777

Portal Member
    March 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I've finally done some testing.

With the internal dshow player the output device is ignored so playback of local music is working.
    I updated all drivers and done a Windows update and nothing changed, removed and reinstalled MP with minimal install and plugins, same result, updated to 1.7 Pre Reslease, same problem.
    I switched to another VHD that I'm using on this computer with an old install of MP 1.4, installer AirPlayer, forced output and it worked. Same on another computer with MP 1.6.0 so I think there is something MP or the plugin doesn't like in my current setup. In fact MP doesn't crash but one thread is in an endless loop, CPU usage of MP is 25% (4 cores CPU) when the problem occurs.

I think I will wait for 1.7.0 final to be released and will reinstall everything with Win8.1 and will see if it's still a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom