Album/Artist Information for scan (1 Viewer)

Shamone

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
Hi All,

I've got a few albums where all the tracks are just named 1-12 etc and there is no album/artist inofrmation held on the mp3 file. As such it will not find the cover art and album information online. What I hae done is Right click on the file, properties and then entered the inofrmation manually in the advanced summary. After I do this and restart MP it still searches for Unknown/Unknown as the album/artist info. I've even restarted Windows but it makes no difference. Where does MP pull this information from? Also is there a program that will rename all my files and tracks with the Album and Artist ?

I recently used Lame encode to rip some of my albums and this connected to FreeDB to pull the information, something like this would be brilliant.

Many Thanks

Shamone

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
Right, I've just discovered an app that will connect to FreeDB to pull this onformation down and rename the MP3 Tags, (something I've just learnt so stop laughing at me if you already know this) lol :D Anyway it renames the files a treat;

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

.....but MP still does not pick up this new information and still searches for Unknown/Unknown?

Any Ideas anyone?

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Try Tag&Rename (Shareware) or MP3 Book Helper (Open source, free) if everything is reasonalbly structured (1 album = 1 directory).
If you have a unstructured mess of MP3 waiting for some nice tags, you may want to look at the musicbrainz tagger.
Afterwards, refresh the music database (MP setup->Music->Music database) on the shares/locations containing your MP3's.

Shamone

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
Thanks for the info but I've just managed to resolve it! I'll explain how just incase anyone else has this problem and comes across this thread;

Use Mp3Tag which is free and can be downloaded from http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Then add the MP3 tag info using this program. Once this is done open the 'Setup Mediaportal' Icon that should be on the Desktop along with the Mediaportal Icon. Now expand Music and the click on the Music Database Sub header Now select all the folder you have music stored in from the White Box and then put a tick in where it says Use Coverart embedded in MP3s for thumbnails Then click on the button 'Update database from selected shares'

Jobs done, launch MediaPortal again and then get your cover Art!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom