Album Cover Art Titles Always Incorrect (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Man, I have found this section to be the most difficult to set up. Some of it, but not all, was to do with incorrect tagging, which I have spent considerable time rectifying.

The issue I am having is no matter what I try, I keep getting the album thumbs, in the Documents & Settings area, labelled incorrectly. To clarify, I have a number of AC/DC albums, they keep coming back to, for example: 'AC;DC-Live.jpg'.

This appears to be causing MP to read as separate artists, 'AC' and 'DC', both of which have the same number of albums. I have tried manually deleting the entire contents of the folder, including thumbs.db & rescanning. Have tried various check options within 'MP>config>music' with no success.

Also, I have some albums that refuse to recognise either the folder.jpg or the embedded artwork in the tag, & load an original default jpg that is incorrect, as I have some albums on CD that were compiled by myself. I have altered the tags & folder.jpg to incorporate the right artwork. Again, it keeps regenerating to the original.

I have tried the various check options within 'MP>config>music' with no success. I don't have much hair now, but it is getting thinner all the time:eek:

Any & all replies accepted with great thanks.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find any threads on any stated AC/DC fix after various search parameters, so I posted. I apologise for not stating the MP version & have just checked & 'My System' details are incorrect. I was using v1.0.1 for a short while but had to revert back to 1.0.0RC4 because of the TV 1080i rendering issues with certain Nvidia cards. So, am using RC4 version. Will also change the plug-in versions in 'My System' now.

:oops: went back & did a search with AC/DC after your stated fix, & the first thread gave me the answer. Feel like a drip.Guess I need to work on my searching:oops:

But I had already named the album ACDC & it didn't work. Still would like an answer on where the album thumbs are being generated from? & how to fix it, as I'm not upgrading to v1.0.*. thanks. From memory, I didn't clear the album thumbs folder after trying at the time. Maybe that was the issue. Will try it today.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK. Deleted the contents of the albums folder & rescanned after retagging to ACDC & all is now correct. :sorry: for wasting your time.

Note to self: work on search parrameters;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom