All cards busy. (1 Viewer)

Greg Jones

Portal Member
June 30, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Everything was working find the past few days, then today...no channels will tune. Says all cards busy. Upgraded to 1.15 and the problem persists. Using HD Home run Prime

Been trying to troubleshoot myself, getting no where.

Logs are attached.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Greg

I can see several issues in the log file. The most important one is that TV Server is not receiving the stream from your PRIME. Tuning appears to be successful; TV Server just never receives a stream (video, audio etc.). As far as I can see, this is not a TV Server problem; it's an issue with the PRIME, it's CableCARD, or TV Server's ability to access the PRIME (eg. firewall config blocking access).

For a start, I suggest you power cycle the PRIME and check your security software (firewall, anti-virus, whatever) allows TV Server to access the PRIME.

P.S. There are a bunch of entries like this in your Windows system event log:
    "11/12/2016 6:21:55 AM";"disk";"(0)";"Error";"The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.";"3221487623"

Might be a good idea to look into that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One more thing...
    The problem appears to be outside TV Server, so I'm not able to say what has caused it. However I do see that Windows installed a fairly significant update on the 11th:
    "11/11/2016 12:15:28 AM";"Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient";"(1)";"Information";"Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3200970)";"19"

Possible cause...?

Greg Jones

Portal Member
    June 30, 2015
    Home Country
    One more thing...
    The problem appears to be outside TV Server, so I'm not able to say what has caused it. However I do see that Windows installed a fairly significant update on the 11th:
    "11/11/2016 12:15:28 AM";"Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient";"(1)";"Information";"Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3200970)";"19"

Possible cause...?

Interesting, Looks like that update makes a few changes to audio and video security. I'll roll it back and see if that was it. Thanks.

I already tried the anti-virus/firewall angle, no joy.

I'll let you know.

Greg Jones

Portal Member
    June 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Looks like a rollback did not help.

I'll swap the hard drive as a precaution for the bad blocks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay.

Could you provide fresh log files (...in case the situation has changed.)?

When you say you've tried the anti-virus/firewall angle, have you tried [temporarily] disabling them completely?

Does the tuner work with SiliconDust (HDHR View) or any other software?
    Like I said, in the previous log files, the tuner was loaded successfully and seemed to accept tune requests. However it wasn't delivering any video or audio stream data. This can be caused by CableCARD issues, so if the tuner doesn't work in other software I'd recommend to contact your cable provider.

The other thing you could try (if you haven't done it already) is to rescan your channels in TV Server Configuration.

Greg Jones

Portal Member
    June 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay.

Could you provide fresh log files (...in case the situation has changed.)?

When you say you've tried the anti-virus/firewall angle, have you tried [temporarily] disabling them completely?

Does the tuner work with SiliconDust (HDHR View) or any other software?
    Like I said, in the previous log files, the tuner was loaded successfully and seemed to accept tune requests. However it wasn't delivering any video or audio stream data. This can be caused by CableCARD issues, so if the tuner doesn't work in other software I'd recommend to contact your cable provider.

The other thing you could try (if you haven't done it already) is to rescan your channels in TV Server Configuration.

Antivirus and firewall are off.

Fresh logs are in original post.

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes when I open MP Config it shows the PRIME tuners, other times it does not.. It reappears with a quick close and reopen.

The Prime works in HDHOMERUN View and NextPVR. I installed NextPVR as a test when I was unable to get MP working.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay.

Thanks.

Unfortunately they are not much use from the perspective of trying to help you solve the problem. I say that because they don't show you attempting to tune any channels.

However I see you're rescanning. Hopefully that will help.

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes when I open MP Config it shows the PRIME tuners, other times it does not.. It reappears with a quick close and reopen.
    This is normal.
    It takes TV Server up to 30 seconds to detect CableCARD tuners after a TV service restart.
    When you see the PRIME tuners showing with type "unknown", it's because you've opened TV Server Config before the tuners have been detected.
    Closing and reopening works because it gives enough time for the tuners to be detected.

Note that there's a patch -->here<-- which should be applied after every MediaPortal upgrade or reinstall. The patch ensures that TV Server detects the tuners as fast as possible. If you haven't applied the patch already, I strongly recommend you do it now.

Note also that if you use standby/hibernate, you should enable the PowerScheduler plugin "reinitialize..." option (TV Server Config -> plugins section -> PowerScheduler plugin sub-section -> expert mode -> advanced tab):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ntroller_on_wakeup_(also_reinitializes_tuner)

The Prime works in HDHOMERUN View and NextPVR. I installed NextPVR as a test when I was unable to get MP working.
    Okay... though very odd.

By the way, who is your cable provider?

Greg Jones

Portal Member
    June 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay.

Thanks.

Unfortunately they are not much use from the perspective of trying to help you solve the problem. I say that because they don't show you attempting to tune any channels.

However I see you're rescanning. Hopefully that will help.

This is normal.
    It takes TV Server up to 30 seconds to detect CableCARD tuners after a TV service restart.
    When you see the PRIME tuners showing with type "unknown", it's because you've opened TV Server Config before the tuners have been detected.
    Closing and reopening works because it gives enough time for the tuners to be detected.

Note that there's a patch -->here<-- which should be applied after every MediaPortal upgrade or reinstall. The patch ensures that TV Server detects the tuners as fast as possible. If you haven't applied the patch already, I strongly recommend you do it now.

Note also that if you use standby/hibernate, you should enable the PowerScheduler plugin "reinitialize..." option (TV Server Config -> plugins section -> PowerScheduler plugin sub-section -> expert mode -> advanced tab):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ntroller_on_wakeup_(also_reinitializes_tuner)

Okay... though very odd.

By the way, who is your cable provider?

Patch has been already been applied.

I'll enable the power scheduler.

Comcast is the provider.

I'm going to install a fresh MP install on another PC and see where that leads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom