[solved] All Channel 7 stations listed in guide as 1000 (2 Viewers)

RussellH

December 26, 2019
Australia Australia
Country flag
Hi
I am new to Media Portal 1
Have tuned in all Brisbane Australia TV stations
All are listed with their correct channel no i.e. channel 9 is 9 chanel2 is 2 and so on
Except all channel 7 stations are listed in 1000 (also a couple of other minor stations)
Why aren't chanel 7 stations shown correctly
I e
CH7=7
CH7two=72
CH7mate=73
CH7flix=76
etc
Is there any way I can fix this
Comments and advice would be appreciated
Thanks
RussellH

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Is there any way I can fix this
    I don't know why the channel numbers are incorrect, but I think that you can correct them on the "TV Channels" panel in "TV Server Config"; see this page in the Wiki.

Click on a channel with a wrong number to give that channel the focus, then click on the "Edit" button towards the bottom of the panel. The pop-up panel that appears should allow you to change the channel number.

Note: I have never had to do this myself, so it is possible that changing the channel number in this way will have some undesirable side effect.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

RussellH

December 26, 2019
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    HI CyberSimian
    Thank you for your response
    I think this may work so I will give it a go shortly
    Regards
    RussellH

RussellH

December 26, 2019
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Hi CyberSimian & Lichloathe
    I have followed Instructions provided by CyberSimian and have successfully renumbered the Chanel 7 Stations
    Thanks to both of you for your interest in my problem
    Regards
    RussellH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M 1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    P Missing channels after rebuild (all on one MUX ?) General 2
    Ralph Holmes One TV channel is duff - all the others are OK General 6
    A UK Freeview channel changes Installation, configuration support 14
    framug [solved] TVguide : channel number. MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    T Client / Server slow channel-to-channel change (zapping) General Support 1
    V [solved] FTA channels but reported as encrypted MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    T Server / client channel logo location Installation, configuration support 6
    g0rsq UK Freesat not tunning BBC HD channels, and lots of other freesat channels missing. Newcomers Forum 4
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    raffe [TV] Option for adding IPTV channels without checking Improvement Suggestions 0
    C Telenet analog-to-digital switch -- manually finding and inputting DVB-C channels in Mediaportal2 General 0
    vapourEyes Automatically Tune to Strongest Duplicate Channel Improvement Suggestions 106
    T [solved] Any idea where Channel 107 (DVB-T2) BBC News HD (and others!) have gone??? Installation, configuration support 12
    B [solved] tvguide.xml not importing australian channels Electronic Program Guide 10
    R [fixed] [MP2-819] MP2 Server crashes on ATSC OTA channel scan Submit: Bug Reports 33
    J Rename channel by name Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    P IPTV Channel Problem TV-Server 0
    T Freeview EPG-Anyone know what channel sends the guide data? Electronic Program Guide 10
    M Guide mapping schedules direct, tvguide, epg buddy How to get correct entry to the correct channel? Electronic Program Guide 0
    nominefi Problem scanning channels. General Support 0
    limpwhizkid 1.22.0 Stutter and or artifact problem when recording and watching the same live tv channel 1.22 2
    C Can the XmlTv Plugin handle 600+ channels? General 3
    C How do I see the broadcast channel decimal numbers in the guide? General 0