All TV Stopped working (1 Viewer)

xPETEZx

Portal Member
August 6, 2010
Home Country
England England
Hey,

My MediaPortal Install has been working great for about a year. Have 2 tuners:
TBS 5281 DVB-T2 Dual USB Tuner & TBS 5922SE DVB-S2 Tuner USB.

The DVB-T2 has always worked flawlessly, while the S2 card has been a bit troublesome but worked fine mostly.

Yesterday evening I noted that none of my scheduled recording where working, and whenever I selected a channel to view (both from DVB-T & S) it just said "No channel available"

I tried via manual control to get the channels to kick in, but it would only work randomly and for very few channels.
I rebooted the TV server, and no improvement.
I decided to clear out all the TV channels and do a re-scan.
This worked on one of the 2 DVB-T cards, and resulted in all the channels showing up. However none coulbe be watched.
Get the error "No PMT Found"

I tried to scan the second DVB-T card, and it just finds nothing.
The DVB-S2 card shows full signal and quality, but finds nothing.

I tried to un-install and then re-install the latest version, but still get the same error "No PMT Found"

I tried looking through the logs, but cant make much sense of them and tried googling various errors.

The main 2 I tried searched are:

13-11-2015 08:37:59.335 [2c08] [{DD5302BF-7E93-488D-813E-356177E6F3CE}] [Info] CMPIPTV_RTSP: ParseUrl(): unsupported protocol 'udp'

And

Debug: SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. Error message: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

Not sure these are the problem, but could not find anything else of meaning.
Attached is TVserver log.

Let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The main 2 I tried searched are:

13-11-2015 08:37:59.335 [2c08] [{DD5302BF-7E93-488D-813E-356177E6F3CE}] [Info] CMPIPTV_RTSP: ParseUrl(): unsupported protocol 'udp'

And

Debug: SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. Error message: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

The above messages are completely irrelevant to your problem. Please ignore them.

I suggest you power cycle (not reboot; power cycle = shutdown then turn on again after ~30 seconds) the PC. If that doesn't help, please zip and attach all the log files in the TV Server log folder. The one you've posted is insufficient to understand what is going on.

Regards,
    mm

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the response.
    I did try a full power down, and even disconnected both TV cards & there power to make sure it was all off.
    No change.

Attached full log set.

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are those the only log files that are available? They only show you trying to tune BBC ONE South twice. There's no sign of the "no channel available" messages, manual control testing, or rescan.

At this point it looks like the tuner is not streaming to TV Server. That can be caused by a variety of things including:
    • tuner hardware or driver problems
    • incorrect tuning parameters
    • low signal strength and/or quality
    • USB problems (driver, incompatibilities between connected devices etc.)

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Managed to get this working by doing a driver roll back on the DVB-T2 card, followed by another full power down and start up.

Thanks for the pointers.

Something must have got messed up in the driver.

Still odd that it stopped the DVB-S2 card working too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom