"AllCardsBusy" error in MP's backend/front-end (1 Viewer)

Antonio Carballo

August 19, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I got the channels from my HDHomeRun Timer tuner in MP's backend. I see all of my subscribed channels. Everything looks good. So, I go to the Channels tab and click [Preview] on a channel that I know works in the other products. MP returns "AllCardsBusy". I ran the Kodi's MP plugin and I get the same error. I ran the localized front-end with the same result.

• I boot the other VM for the other product. I click on the channel. Voila! I got image. I shut down the VM.
  • I run HDHomeRun GUI front-end (OS/X version). I click on the channel. Voila! I got image.
So, what can be causing this error on the MP's backend? I have clicked on other channels that I know work on those two products and I get the same error. Thanks for help again.

/AC

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Antonio

So, what can be causing this error on the MP's backend?
    We can't determine without log files.

Please use the watchdog tool with option 3 ("export...") to generate a zip containing all the information we need, then post/attach the zip file here in this thread ("upload a file").

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks (y)

In this case "AllCardsBusy" seems to be a bit misleading. Actually, TV Server has not detected your PRIME, and therefore it thinks it doesn't have any tuners available to tune with:
    [2015-08-20 19:36:58,208] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find free card for channel WBRC HD
    [2015-08-20 19:36:58,208] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find card for channel WBRC HD
    [2015-08-20 19:36:58,711] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: got 1 tuning details for WBRC HD
    [2015-08-20 19:36:58,711] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: channel #1 ATSC:tv:Cable Unknown 707 (8-4) Freq:181250 ONID:12975 TSID:0 SID:4 PMT:0x0 FTA:False LCN:8 phys:8 maj:707 min:0 mod:Mod256Qam
    [2015-08-20 19:36:58,711] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:1 type:RadioWebStream cannot tune to channel
    [2015-08-20 19:36:58,711] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:2 type:DvbIP cannot tune to channel
    [2015-08-20 19:36:58,711] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: found 0 card(s) for channel

I think part of the reason for this is that when TV Server started, only the localhost (127.0.0.1) address was available to bind to:
    [2015-08-20 19:35:23,175] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: started at MP-SERVER
    [2015-08-20 19:35:23,175] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:127.0.0.1
    [2015-08-20 19:35:23,243] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: server running on MP-SERVER

I'm not so sure that it can detect your tuner in that scenario. It needs to be bound to an address that is visible to your PRIME.
    Looking back at your older log files I can see that the VM did have a proper IP address:
    [2015-08-20 11:18:02,958] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: started at MP-SERVER
    [2015-08-20 11:18:02,958] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.1.43
    [2015-08-20 11:18:03,071] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: server running on MP-SERVER

Please check on that.

When I looked back, I also saw a few things - the large number of "Unknown..." channels found in the scan, tune failures with "channel is encrypted but card has no CAM" - in your scanning and testing which makes me suspect that your tuners aren't configured appropriately in TV Server.
    Did you follow any sort of instructions, or did you just "wing it"?
    If you're winging it you're probably just going to keep running into trouble. My advice would be to carefully follow the instructions here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cablecard-tuner-support-for-mediaportal-1.112585/

Aside: this is going to be interesting. I'm not sure how well TV Server will run in a VM.

Antonio Carballo

August 19, 2015
    Home Country
    • I'm going to reboot the tuners and retry everything again in the morning. The other product runs in a Linux VM but I always shut it down before I start up MP's VM....it took some heavy lifting to get it to work flawlessly.:mad:
    • The MP's IP is .43. It looks like it found it this morning around 11am. That makes sense since that's when I was messing around with the channel scan.
    • I did not read that guide prior to setting up the tuners. I'll read it tonight because I could have missed something. Each product's config is different.
    I'll post an update Friday morning. Thanks.

/AC

Last edited:

Antonio Carballo

August 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Retested this morning. Prior to testing I rebooted the HDHR tuner and shut down the Linux-based product. I booted the MP's virtual machine.
    1. Upon booting MP, tuner's card #2 was set to "unknown".
    2. The CAM check-box field was off for card #1 & #3. I turned it on.
    3. After a few minutes MP recognized card #2 as ATSC. I edited the card's settings and set the CAM field as in step #2.
    4. I then proceeded to manually test (not Preview) the channels. I tested a local HD channel and it worked.
    5. I selected a premium channel but I got a message that the MP service was not running.
    6. I started the MP service.
    7. Now, all of the cards were set to "n/a". I went to look at the TV SERVER's cards and it showed that all of the cards were set to "unknown".
    I have attached the log for that session. Thanks for the feedback.

/AC

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Upon booting MP, tuner's card #2 was set to "unknown".
    Now, all of the cards were set to "n/a". I went to look at the TV SERVER's cards and it showed that all of the cards were set to "unknown".
    Did you install the patch mentioned in the previously linked thread? It looks like you haven't... and you should have. That patch is crucial for avoiding tuners showing as unknown (ie. not detected, or detected slowly).

The CAM check-box field was off for card #1 & #3. I turned it on.
    After a few minutes MP recognized card #2 as ATSC. I edited the card's settings and set the CAM field as in step #2.
    Did you also set the decrypt limit ("This card can decode...") to 1 for all tuners? This is also crucial. When I said "carefully follow the instructions", I really did mean carefully. ;)

Quite frankly, if I were you I would delete all channels and start over. Follow the guide fully.

Antonio Carballo

August 19, 2015
    Home Country
    OK. Let me do that tonight once I get home and will report my findings later on the weekend. Thanks for the help again.

/AC

Antonio Carballo

August 19, 2015
    Home Country
    I installed the patch and got the channels working. I believe that we can close this thread. Thank you for the help!

/AC

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the update. :)
    Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom