[Alpha] - New MP-Torrent plugin (1 Viewer)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ah great thank you :)

I think it would be a nice way for other members of the family to download the stuff they want without them having to bugg me about it. ;)

But no rush. Probably other things that are more important.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Why don't you continue to develop existing plugin?
    Search and downloading already implemented there except downloading from trackers with authorization but it is not hard to fix it.
    And searching thru regex is more simple to build dlls for each trackers.

throgwar

Portal Member
    February 10, 2008
    Agree with Edalex.
    I have fixed mytorrents code for trackers with authorization, just need to check cookies security, to be sure what cookies not sent cross-domain.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/mytorrents-v0-69-3-a-56482/

I have just not have enough time to fully maintain plugin, but for sure will contribute sometimes, if you can do it will be great.

So far done: cookies and autorization.
    incoming:
    localization( torrent part and cli part):

todo:
    video/music player from plugin for completed torrents.

/thro

torrinha

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Edalex, throgwar

I see your point... The initial implementation of the plugin is just an idea.
    It seems to be easier to support several trackers with regex, cookies, etc. I can go this way too.
    My point implementing a new plugin was to learn and use C# and give something back to the community after using MediaPortal for so long.

My implementation also tries to make it easy to add other backends. Right now, I'm trying to add support to mldonkey.

I appreciate your comments, but I think I'll stick with my new implementation. :)
    If you think the existing plugin suits better your needs, just go for it! ;)

Anyway, thanks for the comments on the search engine support! I'll definitely take a look at it!!!

Oh, and throgwar: I think it's better to post messages about mytorrents plugin in its original thread, so that people whom subscribed to that thread can have an update!!

Thanks!

torrinha

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Simple question, why did work on mytorrents just not continue, that plug-in was great but the trackers just gave in after a while, I see so many different programs doing the same thing, it's a shame that we can't get group development more engaged...

None the less, very excited to try this out, miss the torrent functionality of MP... Thanks

torrinha

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    thesystemera

well.... I kind of agree with you!
    It would be great to have a plugin like tvseries or moving-pictures, with several developers working together, bringing a great experience to torrent users inside mediaportal.

As I don't have a large experience in C# development, I thought that the existing torrent plugin was way too difficult to understand (at least for me!!! ;) )
    So, I tried to make something that would fulfill my needs.
    Then, I thought it could be useful to someone else, so I released the alpha version.

My 'dream' is to have a solid plugin that could be used as a front end for several download methods.
    And I hope to find more people to work with me with ideas, concepts, skin and code contribution!!

Anyway... Let's see what happens!!

Thanks for your comments!

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    From what I've read it's alot harder to take over someone elses work then it is to create something on your own. If one takes over someone elses work then one has to adapt to their way of thining and their "quirks", so I for one understand that you decided to start from scratch.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is great, and I got 2 suggestions and 1 issue. first the issue. the mp torrents plugin seems to lose connection to utorrent after a short period of time. for example, I kick off a download and then go listen to pandora for a bit. come back to check the progress and it is locked up, no more progress updates for the torrent(s) are being updated. If I exit MP and check utorrent, they are downloading and things are going well there. launch MP again and the plugin is updating again. then after a while, it stops updating again. is there a log anywhere for this?

now for the suggestions.
    1. make the configs for each torrent site externally configurable and have that configuration download from a server somewhere (google???). Kinda like the configs for the online videos downloads when you go into the online videos plugin.

2. be able to sort by size of files, number of seeds, etc.. just other sorting options. also, for the display, I think it would be nice to have each torrent (on a search) organinzed like this: 2.25 GB [23:45] Hancock. basically, have the seeds listed before the file info. that way they all line up more or less in columns and it becomes easier to read.

thanks for this and I hope you continue the work.

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Attachments

• mp-torrents.xml
      3.8 KB
    • mp-torrents_search.xml
      1.1 KB

torrinha

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    zicoz: thanks for your support!

mlburgoon: The log system isn't logging that much for now.... :oops:
    You can check for the file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\mp_torrent.log
    If you find something interesting, please upload your file!! ;)
    Thanks for your suggestions!!! I'll, FOR SURE, take it into account for the next version!!

bloasfist: Thanks for the skin files!!! I use StreamedMP but, if you consent, I'll include your files in the next release (and in Google Code, when I create a project)...

Just an update: I'm VERY busy at work until the end of the month, so I think there will be no update until then... :oops:
    Sorry!
    Anyway, as I said before, the new version will come with mldonkey support.
    And the new release's code will be posted on Google Code.

Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom