Alternate remote Input mode (than SMS-Style) (1 Viewer)

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Hi everybody. just gotta say to all involved: good work with the 0.1.0.0 release.

I got a suggestion that I´ve already taken up with mario a few times but it would be nice to see if there are anyone else then me that thinks this is a good idea.

What I am suggestion is an alternate remote input mode that is called Diamondstyle. I believe the idea first came up in the old myhtpc forums, and there is a plugin for girder that works, but not very well in combination with MP

A problem I can think of is how to regionalize this layout?, but there are plenty of brilliant minds in these forums so :)

btw, as far as I know this method is not patented.

osdkeys.gif

Here is a link to the girder forum thread. and in there is a link to the myhtpc forum thread
http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6709&start=0

So, tell me what you think of it. it´s reallly good since there are remotes out there who doesn´t have the numberpad.

Live long and Prosper :)
//bedlam

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
One solution is just to have a fifth button that switches between captital and normal... but...that kind of beats the few-button-purpose :)

oor... bottom square which aren´t used?
(the arrows shouldn´t be there(?))

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    good point - the only issue would probably be the screen real estate it may take up.

dman

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thx, great resource! (and all the best the power button didn't do anything when I pressed it...:whistle:) It is certainly usefull and I'll dig into it later, but actually I was referring to what MP2 is supposed to do with the button presses, so I was looking for a list of keyboard shortcuts to see which ones "match" between MCE and...
    Thx, great resource! (and all the best the power button didn't do anything when I pressed it...:whistle:) It is certainly usefull...
    I hope somebody has a few pointers as to what I could try, before I do a support request with Hauppaughe. For hardware details on...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi again I attached my a file which contains 2 keyboard layouts, one for the top, one for the bottom of the screen. The layout is very basic and simple as it was only a test. Place all the files to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Touch-It" Then open setup and set the two keyboards to startup: I hope this will help you. If you have...
    Hi again I attached my a file which contains 2 keyboard layouts, one for the top, one for the bottom of the screen. The layout is...
    Update: After testing a lot I finally found the best solution for a remote solution for playing music/radio with mediaportal: Just...
    Replies
    Views
    For me 2000ms is 100% reliable on my MP1 HTPC :cool: whereas 1500ms is mostly ok and much better than 1000ms but still occasionally plays a stream without audio but I did not try the que length and packet setting as per your change. I'll give it a try and let you know.
    For me 2000ms is 100% reliable on my MP1 HTPC :cool: whereas 1500ms is mostly ok and much better than 1000ms but still occasionally...
    GitHub repository | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes, I'm interested, too.
    Yes, I'm interested, too.
    CouchPotato MediaPortal Remote is an iOS app for iPhone and iPod touch that acts as a remote control for your MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    Has anyone found a samsung Hex command for toggling the source? I know I can call a source directly, but I'd love to emulate the use of the source button on my remote. You press it, the menu pops up, you press it again, the tv moves to the next source, and so on. I'm sure I can modify the bat file, but a direct command would be...
    Has anyone found a samsung Hex command for toggling the source? I know I can call a source directly, but I'd love to emulate the...
    Samsung TV - RS-232 - Connection to PC using IRSS Guide This guide is developed from the below threads that work through the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom