Alternate remote Input mode (than SMS-Style) (1 Viewer)

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Hi everybody. just gotta say to all involved: good work with the 0.1.0.0 release.

I got a suggestion that I´ve already taken up with mario a few times but it would be nice to see if there are anyone else then me that thinks this is a good idea.

What I am suggestion is an alternate remote input mode that is called Diamondstyle. I believe the idea first came up in the old myhtpc forums, and there is a plugin for girder that works, but not very well in combination with MP

A problem I can think of is how to regionalize this layout?, but there are plenty of brilliant minds in these forums so :)

btw, as far as I know this method is not patented.

osdkeys.gif

Here is a link to the girder forum thread. and in there is a link to the myhtpc forum thread
http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6709&start=0

So, tell me what you think of it. it´s reallly good since there are remotes out there who doesn´t have the numberpad.

Live long and Prosper :)
//bedlam

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
One solution is just to have a fifth button that switches between captital and normal... but...that kind of beats the few-button-purpose :)

oor... bottom square which aren´t used?
(the arrows shouldn´t be there(?))

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    good point - the only issue would probably be the screen real estate it may take up.

dman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom