Alternative to MP? EDIT: Or mix CVS? (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I know this might be "wrong" to posthere, but;
    Since MP has decide not to support SW-cards annymore (a poor decision IMO, since it was working fine - untill they removed ii!), I now have to find myself another free or cheap media-app. - with SW support.

If anybody knows of any, please post.

If mods. find this post offensive or anything, just think of it as a good way to finaly get ridd of us SW-card users, who has been bothering you so much - that you had to remove the SW-card support from MP.

EDIT:

Or even better; anybody know how to keep the old software support - but use new CVS (modify / mix CVS)?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Okay said:
    I now have to find myself another free or cheap media-app. - with SW support.
    Or, you can go and buy yourself a decent hardware TV card - they are not that expensive.... :)

I am sure that the benefits of being able to continue to use MediaPortal are well worth it?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Yes, I can't see anyone having a great HTPC experience with a software tuner, regardless of frontend software, anyway.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Or you can go back to an older version of MP, where the SW tuner still works. Older versions are still available on the web site.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Taipan: Getting TVoIP in a about a year. No point of using money on somthing that is worthless then

jawbroken: Huh? My SW-tuner is good enough for me.

guytpetj: Well, there are som bugs in older CVS (e.g. font bug). I would like to pick the best (for me) from old and new CVS

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Unfortunately they are about your only choices. 0130 + 26/8 cvs was about as stables as it came. You will miss out on a lot of new features in the mean time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom