Alternative Video Render (1 Viewer)

Seb.26

Portal Member
March 13, 2007
Hi world ! :D

First : thanks to the whole dev team for their hard work ... some years ago, I've discovered XBMC ...

:eek:

... and them bought an xBox !

Last year, I've discovered Media Portal ... and them build an HTPC ... :D

... Now, time for feature request ... ;)

Could it be possible to allow the use use of an alternative video render for all playback ?!
... Haali's render to be exact ...
> This render allow the smoothest playback I have ever see by buffering frame in CG memory
> This render use Pixel Shaders to apply a bicubic resize when needed

:D

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well, I can answer #1. It is too difficult to change out the renderers. The VMR9 is essentially embedded in MP. However, the good news is that we also have back buffers, and if your video card can handle it, up to gaussian quad resizing. Enable it in filter control->vmr9. Check both boxes, and select your level of resizing algorithm

Kobri

Portal Member
    November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Bulgaria Bulgaria
    When input is RGB32, VMR9 do TV->PC mapping ...

Well, it is rgb32 in ffdshow and I still get 16-235 levels while playing video on mediaportal :(

BTW how can I get ffdshow to actually show in the codecs ?

update: Installed the latest ffdshow and now for some reason it is shown in the codecs however it doesn't actually load even if I set it to the highest merit!

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The VMR9 by default does the color levels correctly. However, the drivers for your video cards may or may not change this. for instance, I know nvidia's drivers change this

Kobri - Open the configuration program, go to filter control, expand the tree and their will be an option for VMR9. There is currently no error handling to see exactly which modes your card supports. If it is a fairly modern card, it should support up to gaussian quad filtering

Seb.26

Portal Member
    March 13, 2007
    Enable it in filter control->vmr9. Check both boxes, and select your level of resizing algorithm
    Sorry here is what I have in "MediaPortal Setup" :

Menu_MediaPortalSetup.PNG

I don't see "filter control" ... :confused:

Thanks again for help ... :oops:

[Edit] I have an "old" PCIe 6600GT (128MB) do you think this is enought for resizing ?!

Kobri

Portal Member
    November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Bulgaria Bulgaria
    The VMR9 by default does the color levels correctly. However, the drivers for your video cards may or may not change this. for instance, I know nvidia's drivers change this

@Kobri - Open the configuration program, go to filter control, expand the tree and their will be an option for VMR9. There is currently no error handling to see exactly which modes your card supports. If it is a fairly modern card, it should support up to gaussian quad filtering

It supports all filtering modes since it is a radeon x1900xt however this ffdshow problem is driving me crazy. After reinstalling haali splitter ffdshow finally started loading again when given higher merit, however RGB32 still looks like TV levels, I know it will be much easier just to give up and use coreavc+vsfilter but I need the high quality rescaling functions that ffds provides.

Tried setting ffd as postprocessor, either end up with upside down, pink picture, or no picture at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom