ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I guess you're not using latest svn. This was a svn update, so to use it you have to download & install it first....

Regards
    Roy

Seb.26

Portal Member
    March 13, 2007
    Hi,
    I guess you're not using latest svn. This was a svn update, so to use it you have to download & install it first....
    Regards
    Roy
    Oh ... thanks ! ... I will do that ASAP ... :D

[Edit] You was right !!!

Menu_MediaPortalSetup_SVN.PNG

Thanks a lot !

Now ... I must try to use FFDShow with MediaPortal ... and them : goodbye MPC ... ;)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Kobri, This isn't something we can change in the vmr9. It will be dependent on the video card manufacturers.

Seb.26 - check non-square mixing also

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    At least Nvidia has a registru setting (can't remember what's it called) that can be used to set color levels on VMR9.

Kobri

Portal Member
    November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Bulgaria Bulgaria
    Hi Kobri, This isn't something we can change in the vmr9. It will be dependent on the video card manufacturers.

@seb.26 - check non-square mixing also

http://www.driverheaven.net/windows...662-vmr9-yuv-rgb-color-conversion-issues.html

I tried switching the ffdshow's resize function off while playing SD movie and voila, instant PC levels, however once height passes 720 we are back to TV :(

Been using kmplayer for a while and there doesn't seem to be such problem, however the player itself has a feature called "force RGB32 in vmr renderless mode".

Seb.26

Portal Member
    March 13, 2007
    If your CG doens't do the TV->PC mapping, you can try to use the level filter in FFDShow ...

PS: I have go back to MPC as player in Media Portal ... it's too hard to configure FFDShow in Media Portal ( close MP, open FFDShow, setup, close, open MP, look difference, close MP ... IMO: Media Portal isn't ready for advanced users ... )

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Run MP in windowed mode.

Config -> uncheck full screen

You will be unlikely to find another htpc app that will allow you more customization than MP. Good luck.

Seb.26

Portal Member
    March 13, 2007
    Run MP in windowed mode.
    Config -> uncheck full screen
    You will be unlikely to find another htpc app that will allow you more customization than MP. Good luck.
    Of course, MP is IMO the best front end ( that's why I use it ), but IMO as a player, MPC is more what I need.

> Do you really thing it's great to preview post processing in windowed ?
    > Does Media Portal apply in real time the new setup of FFDShow ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom