Alternatives to AnyDVD HD? (1 Viewer)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't know how many of you are aware of this, however, it may be that AnyDVD HD has finally come to an end. Their web site can no longer be found, and any attempt to decode Blu-rays or UHD Blu-rays fails due to the fact that AnyDVD HD cannot connect to their server.

My question is that will something like MakeMKV work as an alternative to AnyDVD HD for Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray.

As I understand it, MakeMKV produces .mkv files. Will these play through MePo, or will I have to convert them to something else? If so, what file formats will work?

Thanks.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I don't know how many of you are aware of this, however, it may be that AnyDVD HD has finally come to an end. Their web site can no longer be found, and any attempt to decode Blu-rays or UHD Blu-rays fails due to the fact that AnyDVD HD cannot connect to their server.

My question is that will something like MakeMKV work as an alternative to AnyDVD HD for Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray.

As I understand it, MakeMKV produces .mkv files. Will these play through MePo, or will I have to convert them to something else? If so, what file formats will work?

Thanks.
    Yes MakeMKV will make a .mkv file from blu-ray with donate version and the .mkv will play in MP.
    As I recall, I think you can make .mkv from blu-ray for 30 days for free.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Thanks.
    The MakeMKV can be used to decrypt the BluRay on the fly from MePo.
    You have to copy dll file 'libmmbd.dll' ('libmmbd64.dll' for x64) from the MakeMKV directory to the MePo directory. Libbluray (bluray.dll) is able to use it.
    The free Beta key is periodically updated on this web page.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for the replies. I'm glad MePo is "code ready" for an alternative like this.
    The MakeMKV can be used to decrypt the BluRay on the fly from MePo.
    You have to copy dll file 'libmmbd.dll' ('libmmbd64.dll' for x64) from the MakeMKV directory to the MePo directory. Libbluray (bluray.dll) is able to use it.
    The free Beta key is periodically updated on this web page.
    If I copy the dll to the MePo directory as you indicated, will MePo be able to read any files I've ripped to disk? I realize that decoding BR disks on the fly eliminates the need to do this, however, sometimes, I rip to disk because the disks I get are in bad shape, and ripping seems to help work around the poor condition of the disks. I often get loaned disks.

Thanks again.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Thanks for the replies. I'm glad MePo is "code ready" for an alternative like this.

If I copy the dll to the MePo directory as you indicated, will MePo be able to read any files I've ripped to disk? I realize that decoding BR disks on the fly eliminates the need to do this, however, sometimes, I rip to disk because the disks I get are in bad shape, and ripping seems to help work around the poor condition of the disks. I often get loaned disks.

Thanks again.
    Don't worry. The libbluray uses the 'libmmbd.dll' (besides of libaacs.dll and libbdplus.dll) only if the original BD disc(inserted in the drive) is copy protected.
    If you have your BD disc stored somewhere on the HDD or NAS, then the content is already decrypted and those libs are not used.
    The libmmbd.dll is actually some sort of API to interact with the MakeMKV to read original BD disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom