[Duplicate] Always enter full screen when entering TV from main Menu (1 Viewer)

melstig

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
Umea
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
Hi,
I have a suggestion that I am lacking from MP1 and I suppose that this has been discussed over the years but I cannot find it.:unsure:

I would like to have the opportunity to enter Full Screen TV whenever I am entering TV from the Main Menu. Right now I only get to the "mini TV guide" after I have gone back to the main menu when TV is running, or I have done adjustments under Settings. If entering full screen without pressing the red button needs a vote to get coded, I hereby give You MY vote. :)

As an old MP1 user MP2 is lacking many of the features that made MP1 easy to use for my whole family, this is one of them. We all really miss the old default skin from MP1 but I could get used to MP2 with some changes.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Right now I only get to the "mini TV guide" after I have gone back to the main menu when TV is running,
    This is related to a technical property of the underlying "workflow" model and its associated transient and permanent states. Sounds nerdy, right?

Please see MP2-704 which is basially descibing the same issue and the related bug thread [Bug] - [MP2-704] Leaving FullGuide with ESC displays MiniEPG for more background. Please read through the thread, it isn't very long. There is not much that I can do here

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Perfect, thx
    Perfect, thx
    I have a request that might get the TV Guide more readable. Have only full or half hours in the TV Guide depending on how many...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    Strange, but after restart its working, if a find the sequence when its stopping to work I will write. Skin BlueVision, theme - default. Thank you for your attention
    Strange, but after restart its working, if a find the sequence when its stopping to work I will write. Skin BlueVision, theme -...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description Full screen shortcut didn't work in if you are in main screen. example I am watching Live...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello Roger, Did you install MP2 with MP1's TV service still running? Please read MP2 and MP1 in parallel for further details If you believe that MP1 was safely stopped and inactive when you installed MP2, then you first need to connect the client to the server. Under normalö conditions you should see a dialogue that a MP2 Server...
    Hello Roger, Did you install MP2 with MP1's TV service still running? Please read MP2 and MP1 in parallel for further details If...
    I have made several attempts to move from MP1 to MP2 but have failed miserably and gone back Kodi because it seemed to be simpler...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom