[Amazon Prime (UK)] "Error getting playback url"

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by PeaBee, September 20, 2015.

1. PeaBee

PeaBee Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I've been watching videos from Amazon Prime (UK) for several weeks. Then all of a sudden I get "error getting playback url", and that is how it has been for a few days now. I can still use the Web site, but not Online Videos. I see the available videos and my "watchlist" so it still logs on. Just wont play.

Been terrific up until now; didn't realise how much I'd miss it!

Have two Mediaportal machines, Online Videos failed on both at the same time with the same error.

Last edited: September 21, 2015
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PeaBee

PeaBee Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Uninstalled Online Videos, upgraded to MP 1.12 (from 1.10) while about it, reinstalled Online Videos and allowed it to update sites. Rebooted, and started Online Videos and tried Amazon Prime. And...

...not a squeak! These acts of desperation have done me alright before, but not this time. BBC iPlayer still works in Online Videos as do any others I try, but not Amazon Prime! Should have known, these things don't suddenly happen to two unconnected machines at the same time. But if Amazon Prime (UK) is totally screwed up in Online Videos why is no-one else howling? I live in hope of a solution.

Meanwhile, the log (its showing a regular problem - [Exception: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: i] - but nothing I know how to fix).[DOUBLEPOST=1443024759][/DOUBLEPOST]Hang on. What's this I found concerning the Amazon Prime German solution...

...perhaps I just found myself at the front of the queue for howling? I don't speak german BTW.

Last edited: September 23, 2015
  4. JSurf

JSurf Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    It's now completely game over. Its not possible to get working stream urls from amazon anymore

5. PeaBee

PeaBee Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks for the confirmation JSurf.

I went and got a Fire TV box. Coffee table is now a jungle of remotes! Still, other reactions of cancelling Prime subscriptions in protest smacks of "cutting your nose to spite your face".

6. Olli123

Olli123 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Can anyone confirm that Amazon Germany is also not working anymore?

7. framelmike

framelmike Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    "Amazon Germany" is actual working with "Browser/Silverlight" in External player

8. DragonQ

DragonQ Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +74 / 2
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    So is Amazon Prime UK not working at all then? It was definitely working some time last year but now all I get is the loading spinner for 10 seconds then it exits back to MediaPortal. :(

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!