[Amazon Prime (UK)] "Error getting playback url" (1 Viewer)

PeaBee

Portal Member
September 27, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I've been watching videos from Amazon Prime (UK) for several weeks. Then all of a sudden I get "error getting playback url", and that is how it has been for a few days now. I can still use the Web site, but not Online Videos. I see the available videos and my "watchlist" so it still logs on. Just wont play.

Been terrific up until now; didn't realise how much I'd miss it!

Have two Mediaportal machines, Online Videos failed on both at the same time with the same error.

Last edited:

PeaBee

Portal Member
September 27, 2014
Home Country
Uninstalled Online Videos, upgraded to MP 1.12 (from 1.10) while about it, reinstalled Online Videos and allowed it to update sites. Rebooted, and started Online Videos and tried Amazon Prime. And...

...not a squeak! These acts of desperation have done me alright before, but not this time. BBC iPlayer still works in Online Videos as do any others I try, but not Amazon Prime! Should have known, these things don't suddenly happen to two unconnected machines at the same time. But if Amazon Prime (UK) is totally screwed up in Online Videos why is no-one else howling? I live in hope of a solution.

Meanwhile, the log (its showing a regular problem - [Exception: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: i] - but nothing I know how to fix).[DOUBLEPOST=1443024759][/DOUBLEPOST]Hang on. What's this I found concerning the Amazon Prime German solution...

Sorry no fix possible. Its even worse, it might be possible that the Internal Player solution will stop working mid of September

If you can read german, this is the Explanation from the Kodi Forum, our solution is based on the same Method:

HD geht nicht mehr. Es ist wohl keine deviceTypeId mehr bekannt die funktionieren würde. Des weiteren wird Amazon am 14.September den Support vom Google TV abstellen. Damit wird es voraussichtlich erstmal keine Möglichkeit mehr geben auf Kodi "nativ" Amazon Prime nutzen zu können.

...perhaps I just found myself at the front of the queue for howling? I don't speak german BTW.

Last edited:

JSurf

Portal Pro
November 27, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
It's now completely game over. Its not possible to get working stream urls from amazon anymore

PeaBee

Portal Member
September 27, 2014
Home Country
Thanks for the confirmation JSurf.

I went and got a Fire TV box. Coffee table is now a jungle of remotes! Still, other reactions of cancelling Prime subscriptions in protest smacks of "cutting your nose to spite your face".

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So is Amazon Prime UK not working at all then? It was definitely working some time last year but now all I get is the loading spinner for 10 seconds then it exits back to MediaPortal. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom