Amazon Prime UK sort order (1 Viewer)

brain1000

Portal Member
November 25, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
As a relative new user to OnlineVideos I am having a problem with using Amazon Prime UK. I am not sure if I have a setting wrong somewhere but I am having problems finding particular TV series within a category - they seem to be in a pretty much random order and there is no means of sorting them or searching - it seems to be disabled for this provider. Any advice etc would be gratefully received.

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
April 12, 2013
Home Country
The current UK site will just list the videos as they appear on the site (when you select a category). @JSurf has picked this project up and I believe it now supports more options. Unfortunately we can't release the latest version of this until the new OnlineVideos is released. If you want to try the current development build, there's a copy attached to this thread: Amazon Prime Germany?

JSurf

Portal Pro
November 27, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi @brain1000 The version attached supports searching and browsing the watchlist and playback via rtmp stream.
The sort order cant be changed until now. Amazon sorts films/series by popularity.Would be happy to have somebody from the UK testing that version

brain1000

Portal Member
November 25, 2012
Home Country
Hi, many thanks for the replies. I have now installed the version suggested and it certainly does allow searching and browsing on Amazon UK - this makes using it much better. Unfortunately I seem to be having a problems when starting to view videos. Particularly on BBC iPlayer, the sound is stuttering for about 10 seconds before the video plays or alternatively I then get a pop up staying that it is "Unable to Play: Online Video".

It seems that it may be codec related although I have the latest version of the IPTVfilter and URL splitter installed. I will need to have an investigation when I have a little more time in a few days.

@JSurf I will happily help with the UK testing when I have got it running properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom