AMCUpdater v0.7.1 Now Available (1 Viewer)

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange...

Take a look at this logfile:

01.08.2008 18:04:46 - Processing Complete - Found 180 Missing Entries.
    01.08.2008 18:04:46 - ===================================================================================================
    01.08.2008 18:04:46 - Finding Missing Files (In XML file, not on hard disk)
    01.08.2008 18:04:46 - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    01.08.2008 18:04:46 - Processing Complete - Found 0 Missing Files.

I´m missing 180 files, that seem to be rather reluctant to be processed....

Today I created a new xml file (actually Ant created...), about 250 movies were imported just fine. And then it stops.... It finds all those missing fles and declares them orphaned and does....nothing.

Any clues ?

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Answering my own question:

The next file in line was "Romeo + Julia.avi". It seems the updater had a problem with the "+", removing it helped and all works again...

While we´re at it: Is it possible to use a regex to remove things like dots, hyphans,... Would help a lot, I have plenty of movies which have dots in their name - I have to remove them manually, which is a nag.

Cheers
    mcbelly

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

The next file in line was "Romeo + Julia.avi". It seems the updater had a problem with the "+", removing it helped and all works again...

While we´re at it: Is it possible to use a regex to remove things like dots, hyphans,... Would help a lot, I have plenty of movies which have dots in their name - I have to remove them manually, which is a nag.

Cheers
    mcbelly
    Try using the program TotalCommander

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Cheers
    mcbelly

Hi mcbelly,

Glad you've got it working! I'll look into the '+' issue - never come across that one before.

As for correcting the movie names - do I assume you're not using the Internet lookup function? I've never worried about renaming the files since the Original Title and Translated Title get populated from the Internet. It should be fairly easy to offer a RegEx option for 'file name cleaning' - it's something we've considered adding in the past. On the other hand, if you mean you want to correct the actual filenames, then like z3us says there's other utilities for that kind of thing at a file level.

Best regards,

Orion Hall.

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Cheers
    mcbelly

Hi mcbelly,

Glad you've got it working! I'll look into the '+' issue - never come across that one before.

As for correcting the movie names - do I assume you're not using the Internet lookup function? I've never worried about renaming the files since the Original Title and Translated Title get populated from the Internet. It should be fairly easy to offer a RegEx option for 'file name cleaning' - it's something we've considered adding in the past. On the other hand, if you mean you want to correct the actual filenames, then like z3us says there's other utilities for that kind of thing at a file level.

Best regards,

Orion Hall.

Hi, actually I do use the internet lookup function (ofdb, sometimes imdb). I have problems with files that are named sth like this "Jurassic.Park.avi". It comes up with Jurassic.Park - and no match. If I remove the dot, everything is fine, a few matches are returned (including the correct one). I don´t want to rename all my files (too lazy), I would have assumed that the prog would not lookup those "fillers". Or does this not happen to everyone and it´s just me (again) ?

To be completely clear: I don´t want my filenames corrected, I just thought the lookup routine would lookup the filenames without dots, etc.

Thanks a lot
    mcbelly

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, actually I do use the internet lookup function (ofdb, sometimes imdb). I have problems with files that are named sth like this "Jurassic.Park.avi". It comes up with Jurassic.Park - and no match. If I remove the dot, everything is fine, a few matches are returned (including the correct one). I don´t want to rename all my files (too lazy), I would have assumed that the prog would not lookup those "fillers". Or does this not happen to everyone and it´s just me (again) ?

To be completely clear: I don´t want my filenames corrected, I just thought the lookup routine would lookup the filenames without dots, etc.

Thanks a lot
    mcbelly

Hi mcbelly,

Ah - okay. I see what you mean. I recall Zebons and I discussed doing something similar a while back, but it was never implemented. I guess we just need a RegEx to define what characters to remove, and I guess it should replace them with spaces, so you don't end up searching for JurassicPark or whatever!

I've just released my latest code as v0.7.3 - I'll add this to the To Do list for the next release. Should be easy enough to implement. The problem with the + character breaking the program will also need work and isn't yet fixed in 0.7.3.

Cheers,

Orion Hall.

p.s. 0.7.3 thread is here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-films-164/amc-updater-v0-7-3-now-available-43435/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom