AMD Cool'n'Quiet... Not so quiet!!!! (1 Viewer)

phillip1983

Portal Member
May 7, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hi all so for the case, motherboard and cpu i have as listed below what FAN would you recommend i have had a look and love the BIG one however my case would not allow me to fit it lol

MB - Asus M2A-VM HDMI AM2, HDMI, VGA, 5.1Snd, SATAII, mATX
CPU - AMD Phenom 8750 Socket AM2+ 2.4GHZ Triple-Core Processor - Retail
CASE - Opera Black ATX Case with 500W PSU

i can also provide Pics for you if needed.

Leon_Gjerland

Portal Pro
February 1, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
but the system is so dam bloody noisy, is there any way with the driver to make the CPU's heat sink and fan run more quiet? as its this thats the problemall other fans on the board are quiet'ish but the CPU fan is way to noisy and im thinking of sending it back as i can not listen to music with out hearing the fan and i have tried watching movies and i have to have the 5.1 on very loud to dran it out which is ok but ITS NOISY!!! lol

I had the same problem with Cool'n quiet (Asus M3A78-VM, Antec Fusion Remote, Scythe Mini Ninja CPU Cooler). Updated all drivers, put in a more quiet fan, tweaked all settings I could think of, but the fan allways run at full speed.

At last I dropped Cool'n quiet, and got an adapter so I could run the fan at 5V with no power mgmt. I set the chassis fans to their lowest speed, and now its almost noiseless.

CPU and mainboard temperatures are about 40 degrees Celsius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom