AMD Radeon Settings app. won't start after hibernation. (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The new 2020 AMD graphics control app. "Radeon Settings" (Driver package ver. 19.12.2 &3) fails to start after a resume from hibernation but only if MP (1.23 final) was also running when the HTPC was put in standby. Nothing happens at all if the icon on the taskbar is double clicked and when I attempt to run the app from win10 start menu then a semi transparent window appears on the display which does not react to anything except killing the task from the task manager. If MP is closed prior to putting the HTPC is standby there is no problem, also older driver versions prior to 19.12.2 don't seem to suffer the same. Restarting the HTPC returns the app. to normal operation. As far as I can tell the GPU continues to function OK when the settings app is in this failure mode.
    I will also raise this on the AMD driver forum but suspect the answer may well be it is an MP problem.:rolleyes:

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up in the Home screen. Would be nice if it could start on TV (if that's where MP was when put to sleep), just like my older Panasonic PVR. But this workaround is reasonable. I will add that sometimes, even...
    Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up...
    Hello, I have MP 1.22 freshly installed on a Windows 10 x64, Ver 1903. This was an upgrade from WIndows 10 x32. When I setup the...
    Replies
    Views
    I had this issue using MP 1.20 Windows 7 x64, AMD 5570 catylst divers 13.12, since upgrading to MP1.21 Final, this issue has disappeared, but now have issue where remote volume OSD is absent....which was working in MP 1.20, :(
    I had this issue using MP 1.20 Windows 7 x64, AMD 5570 catylst divers 13.12, since upgrading to MP1.21 Final, this issue has...
    The much delayed rollout of the Win 10 x64 1809 update finally arrived for my HTPC but after installing I ran into a number of...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4969] - Fix typo in...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom