Ampdroid 1.1 - A few issues... (1 Viewer)

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there...

I have been using Ampdroid for several months now and it has really made great progress. Thanks DieBagger!! (y)

What I mainly use is the music section to play albums on my single seat MP installation, and I found a couple of issues that are most likely easy to change:
    1. The artist view does not only show the contents of the album artist tag but also the artist tag. Since I have a couple of samplers, the artist view shows many pointless entries. The correct procedure should imho be "look at the album artist tag, and only if it's empty, use the artist tag".
    2. When adding an album to the playlist, the track order is not taken into account.
    3. The artist view is case sensitive. So you may have multiple entries for the same artist when it's spelled in capital or small letters. More an issue of my music database for sure, but who would need the case sensitivity at all?
    4. When selecting an artist in the artist view, it would be nice to see the album covers instead of the list view.

I apologize if some of these things were discussed before, I don't want to browse a 30+ page thread :whistle:

See ya,
    Sepp.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The correct procedure should imho be "look at the album artist tag, and only if it's empty, use the artist tag"

For browsing individual tracks or the now playing screen I would display artist tag only, except if artist tag is empty then display album artist tag only. If the above doesn't work for your music files, then the problem is your music is incorrectly tagged.

However for browsing albums then I would display album artist tag

Last edited:

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kiwijunglist,

you are right that one would prefer using the artist first when it is about searching single tracks. However, I would assume that the majority of users are using albums and/or playlists rather than messing with individual files.Probably depends on the size of the music database :)
    In MP itself the (default) behavior is different and the album artist has priority when you select the artist view. This is probably because the view is defined accordingly (have never checked this in the settings).

See you,
    Sepp

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    navigating via album artist makes more sense, which is why that is how mediaportal is setup by default (you can change this if you want)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom