aMPdroid adverts.... (1 Viewer)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, who do I kill to get an apk without the adverts :D.

Or, probably simpler, can I *BUY* a version without the adverts?

I know this is revenue for the developers (and good luck to them - I've got zilch response from my app, even although it is several hundred pounds cheaper than the official HomeSeer one AND it does voice recognition too - sigh....)

(Has anyone noticed how the adverts in Angry Birds get in the way? I'd say it deliberate but I offered to buy it to get rid of these.)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK, who do I kill to get an apk without the adverts :D.

Or, probably simpler, can I *BUY* a version without the adverts?
    I will set one up, haven't got around to doing it yet

I know this is revenue for the developers (and good luck to them - I've got zilch response from my app, even although it is several hundred pounds cheaper than the official HomeSeer one AND it does voice recognition too - sigh....)
    Yeah I was very disappointed in the numbers as well, although the response was really great. I disabled the ads remotely for now (until I upload a paid version), as the revenue they generate isn't worth mentioning anyways... ;)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    That's no good...

...you deserve something.

What would you consider fair? £ per seat/install or a flat site value?

Send me a PM and I'll pay it, for goodness sake this has the possibility of being my remote control!
    (But bring on the TouchSquid tablet too!)

I tried iPiMP but being browser based it was less obvious how to drive it (I couldn't exit cleanly - I had to kill the task).

I can help develop this if you like (although I'm not up on JSON - I have tended to use XML and let either end worry how to deal with it.)

I'm not that media savvy, but techie things I'm good at (anyway Android intents, do most of the work - SUCH a good idea).

This has the makings of being a darn good remote client to MP, but [of course] it isn't finished yet.

Heck, I was surprised when it all installed easily!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah I was very disappointed in the numbers as well, although the response was really great. I disabled the ads remotely for now (until I upload a paid version), as the revenue they generate isn't worth mentioning anyways... ;)
    Yes, ads suck. In the 1.5 years I've an Android device now I've generated max $5 of advertisment income for developers. Especially with the more technical people that use MP, which in my experience don't click on ads as much as other people, a donate version probably generates a lot more money then ads.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    So do you want to trebel that in one hit - heck it's worth it to me, even if it just stops you getting totally fed up with the whole thing!

I have a few thoughts about the app, but would hate to be thought of as criticising something I KNOW I couldn't write.

(Heck, just stumbled across the TVWishList plugin and darn it if I wasn't thinking of doing something like that myself!)

I knew my app (and plugin for that matter) would be marginal - not many people have BOTH MP and HS.

Even the 'Angry Birds' people say they can't make money out of Android apps....

But this has the makings of the perfect remote (client and control).

I am really, genuinely sorry that people who put so much work and effort into things don't get the recognition they deserve.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    problem with ads on an app like ampdroid is the fact that its a very gadgety type of app used by people who like to tweak etc so id say a high percentage of its users probably have a rooted phone and wont even be aware there were ads in it. I didn't know until I just read this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom