Ampdroid: Album view in music section shows duplicates (1 Viewer)

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey DieBagger,

hope you read this post :)

I have experienced a problem with the .8 version of Ampdroid: I have a couple of sampler albums that contain songs from multiple artists. These show up multiple times in the album view of Ampdroid.
    I assume it's due to the ID3 tagging I use, but I think this is the normal way: In the field "album artist" I use the term "Various Artists", and in the normal artist field the song artists are stored.
    I could see that an album with 13 songs showed up 13 times in the list...

:D for this awesome plugin!

CU,
    Sepp.

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey DieBagger,

hope you read this post :)

I have experienced a problem with the .8 version of Ampdroid: I have a couple of sampler albums that contain songs from multiple artists. These show up multiple times in the album view of Ampdroid.
    I assume it's due to the ID3 tagging I use, but I think this is the normal way: In the field "album artist" I use the term "Various Artists", and in the normal artist field the song artists are stored.
    I could see that an album with 13 songs showed up 13 times in the list...

:D for this awesome plugin!

CU,
    Sepp.

I think you are running with an older version, for me this was solved in the latest version 0. 8.3

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ah, all right. Didn't follow the new releases of GMA Webservice. I will give that a try..

Thanks!

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm, just checked and it seems I had already installed the latest version. I downloaded and installed version 0.3.0 of GMA Webservice again and the VA albums still show up multiple times.
    Is there any newer version of the webservice that I didn't find?

Is this definitely a GMA issue? In this case I could try to open a new post in the other forum...

CU,
    Sepp.

I think you are running with an older version, for me this was solved in the latest version 0. 8.3

Sorry for ignoring your post :oops:
    I have version 0.8.3 intalled on my phone, so this should be ok...

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hm, just checked and it seems I had already installed the latest version. I downloaded and installed version 0.3.0 of GMA Webservice again and the VA albums still show up multiple times.
    Is there any newer version of the webservice that I didn't find?

Is this definitely a GMA issue? In this case I could try to open a new post in the other forum...

CU,
    Sepp.

Sorry for ignoring your post :oops:
    I have version 0.8.3 intalled on my phone, so this should be ok...

The latest gmaversion is 0.3.1 fyi...

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Ampdroid: Album view in music section shows duplicates

all right, once I found the 0.3.1 version it indeed solved the problem. Thanks DieBagger for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom