Ampdroid + Fortherecord (1 Viewer)

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

after a long time of "If I have time for it I could try Ampdroid" I decided to try it out.
So I watched into the Plugins - Download section and saw that it also supports EPG and TV Server funcionalities.
I thought it's only a client remote / stream etc. app.

My problem is now that I am using ForTheRecord instead of MP Tv Server (at the moment). Is it possible to use this together with Ampdroid? If yes, is it enough to only install Gma and WifiRemote without TV4home?

Thx,
blade

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's currently not possible to use aMPdroid with FTR, and it's not very high on my todo-list (I don't use it and I'm not a big fan of it).

:sorry:

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh thats a pity. I really couldn't do without the advanced scheduling, remote web interface as well as Application interface. Rather go without the Android interface ... but was excited that I might be able to get it going.

Out of interest, what is it about 4TheRecord you dont like?

PS> I dont use the Argus tuner from 4TheRecord, just the TVServer plugin.

Last edited:

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't know your exact setup, but the goal of what I wrote is to be able to use aMPdroid and the MPExtended web interface to view TV recordings natively as if they were actually recorded by MP TV Server.

I tried just adding the recorded tv share to the MediaPortal Videos library and using it that way, which does work for aMPdroid but does not work with MPExtended web if you are using Moving Pictures. The MPExtended web interface only allows you to choose either Moving Pictures OR MediaPortal Video Library, not both. This prevented me from watching recorded TV remotely from a computer not on my network. Also, streaming the video through Subsonic (the music streaming software I use) does not work nearly as well for Videos as aMPdroid and the MPExtended web interface.

In simple, I wanted something that integrated in very nicely and cleanly from the remote (outside of my home network) perspective.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom