aMPdroid in seperate client server config (1 Viewer)

Jacobd

Portal Member
December 1, 2011
Vuren
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a seperate client server configuration (all latest versions of media portal, mpextended and aMPdroid installed
  1. a dedicated tv-server which also contains all media (no mediaportal client installed)
  2. a seperate client that only points to the sever, no media present
  3. a android phone with aMPdroid
It looks like this config is not perfectly supported. Is it possible to to have the following working?
  1. Access to TV => check, is working thankS to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/problem-connecting-ampdroid-to-mpextended.107493/. Would be great to put this info on the wiki.
  2. Access to the media on the server without having to have the client running (as a tweak, I copied the database files from the client to the server. This used to work with the previous version of aMPdroid but now I get a message "... not connected ...")
  3. Use wifi-remote for the client. Do I have to install MPExtended on the client as well? Without it I have dificulties, a message "...not connected..." as well. Didn't tried to install MPExtended on the client yet.
Thanks for any help / comments in advance.

Jacobd

Portal Member
December 1, 2011
Vuren
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
OK, I am a bit futher now. I did another install of mpextended and chose a different config there. After a reboot (and a copy of the db3-files from the client to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database) I can access everyting now! So that one is solved.

Streaming videos is not working yet. I get an error on my phone that the video cannot be played, so the log files. Don't have a clue where they recide, but I'll dive into that. Anyone an idea how to stream a video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom