aMPdroid Installation Nightmare (1 Viewer)

Optronical

Portal Member
February 26, 2013
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've installed all the prerequisites (NET 4, Wifi Remote, MP Extender) and configured them all to the various tutorials I have seen around.

However, it still isn't working properly. When I start aMPdroid on my phone I can "Start/Stop MePo" but cannot control it. It constantly tells me that "The Plugin is not installed on Server"! which it is. I've used MP Extender Installer to configure Wifi Remote and used the QR code to scan in the settings.

Because I can start and stop MePo with aMPdroid something tells me that it is Wifi Remote that isn't playing ball. I'm accessing within my home network. When I click on the 'Wireless' symbol in the top right of aMPdroid there is no details of server etc but the client is definitely set up in the aMPdroid settings as I can see them - correct IP address/correct login info!

I've tried uninstalling everything and starting again but with no joy.

I have created rules in my router and windows firewall but still nothing!

Can anyone shed any light on why the Remote won't connect?

Optronical

Portal Member
February 26, 2013
Scotland
Home Country
Just a quick update. I used the WifiRemote demo client and I can connect and control no problem so the ports etc are working!

Why can't I connect with my phone? Constant Red light and "plugin not installed on server" message?!

EDIT: Low and behold. Spoke too soon. I can now! Yay! :)

Last edited:

Optronical

Portal Member
February 26, 2013
Scotland
Home Country
'I think' that it is to do with my home workgroup set up. I have many things connected in the house (NAS, WD SMP, Laptop, PCs). I changed the usernames and passwords to the usual ones for this particular desktop. Although I don't know why this fixed it as I could already access everything especially the NAS.

Once I ran the Demo Client and it was asking for logon info it wouldn't work to start with. So I went back into all the configuration settings for MPExtender service, etc and changed them all to the Username and Password for the Desktop (well now an HTPC). Uninstalled the Android app, reinstalled, and used the QR Codes I had saved and it worked.

One thing I have noticed though is that I can't 'Stop' a film with the remote. Only Forward Next, Back Next, and Pause! Seems a bit strange but I'll look at that later.

Oh, haven't tried it outside the home network yet but it will be rare that I'll use it outside. I'll also look at that later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom