aMPdroid only with TVServer (1 Viewer)

superbaton

Portal Member
October 19, 2011
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

i would like to watch LiveTv on my adnroid device with aMPdroid. I am using MP TvServer as a backend and XBMC-PVR as frontend. My question is:
It is possible to watch LiveTV with aMPdroid having only TVServer installed?
Or I must have MP-TVServer(as backend) and MP-frontend?
Will MpExtended Service work only with TVServer?

Thank you for help in advance.

Best regards,
superbaton

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MPExtended will do the job :) It operates completely separate from MediaPortal.

joxen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    you lose som of the good stuf by only using tvserver (moving picture / tvseries / remote / music)but streaming tv you can whitout ..

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you lose som of the good stuf by only using tvserver (moving picture / tvseries / remote / music)but streaming tv you can whitout ..
    Thats not 100% correct, i for myself using a Server and 1 Client with Ampdroid.
    In general it makes no sense to start always my Client to be able to watch a movie or a tv show so you have to make a central database (or you copy the existing one to a central place) install MPExtended on the server as client+server version and define the plugin paths to your central station, everything works fine for me

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same situation here; I don't want to start or switch on a client, but use my Android device as a streaming client like any other client. So my question is like suparbaton's: Is it possible to use aMPdroid without an MP client?

Have installed MPextended as client and server, have set the pathes to my central database, have opened the MPextended port and the wifi remote port on server and router side. Still no connection to the server (server is WHS2003).

regurge: I'm not able to install wifi remote on a dedicated server. The installation always fails with the message "could not find MediaPortal instrallation path key". How have you managed this?

Cheers

Henning

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Have installed MPextended as client and server, have set the pathes to my central database, have opened the MPextended port and the wifi remote port on server and router side. Still no connection to the server (server is WHS2003).

Cheers
    Henning

did you tried to connect to "TV" or any other Plugin?, of course you will receive always the fault message "can not connect to the server" but that means only the remote connection - would be better to call it in one of the next versions "remote connection failed to connect"

regurge: I'm not able to install wifi remote on a dedicated server. The installation always fails with the message "could not find MediaPortal instrallation path key". How have you managed this?
    Why you want to use the Wifi plugin on the server? - This plugin is only for remote control or beam a movie to the TV, no need to do that on the server?
    On the server you only need the MPExtended version (Server and Client), define the correct paths in MPExtended, create a new user (dont use the admin profile), transfer the data with the QR-Code to your mobile device and add manually the user/pw which you created before - everything should work now.

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm such a fool :whistle:

I always waited for the red light to turn green and never checked the functionality itself. Refurge, you're right. It works. Thank you!

Cheers

henning

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom