aMPdroid over 3g (1 Viewer)

naansari

July 26, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
aMPdroid is working fine over my home wifi and through my Samsung galaxy s3 phone and Motorola xoom tablet.

But when I tried to use it over 3G, I am getting connection problems (remote connection can't be established).

I have forwarded ports 4322 and 8017 on my netgear dgn2200 to my computer where Media portal is installed but I can't get connection.

I have reinstalled many time Media Portal, MPExtended service and wifiremote but no success.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

irishrally

Portal Member
July 4, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just in case anyone else stumbles on this thread looking for help getting aMPdroid working with remote access (over cellular network etc.) I'll post what I did. I was working fine within my home network but couldn't get access remotely using my cellphone/tablet etc. In aMPdroid you need to set up a new client manually, QR codes won't work for remote access, the one you set up that works fine on your local network will not work. With the new client you need to point aMPdroid at the IP/hostname and MAC address of your router/modem not the IP/hostname and MAC address of your computer running MP like your other client.

Name: Doesn't matter, whatever you like, HTPC-EXTERNAL etc.
Host or IP Address: This needs to be the IP or public IP of your router
MAC Address: This needs to be the MAC address of your router. If you have a combo modem/router from a service provider it will be written on a sticker on the back of the modem/router.
Use Authentication: CHECK
Username: Your MP Extended username, same as the other in-network client username you probably already have working, "admin" unless you changed it.
Password: Your MP extended password. same applies as username above.

I have ATT uverse and when I port forwarded 4322 and 8017 and you go into your router settings it shows the "public IP". this is the IP I used for above.

This worked for me. Not sure if it's the best way or not but if you found this thread then I'm sure you just want to get it to work at this point.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom