ampDroid streaming from network shares (1 Viewer)

looseleaf

March 18, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All

I can stream/download to my tablet using ampDroid but only the local files on the machine running MPExtended.

I have folders on another machine shared via Windows Homegroup (no passwords or login required) that I can not stream/download from.

I read somewhere that I have to put in the authentication information (user/password) into MPExtented but there is no authentication required all computers in the Homegroup have full access without passwords.

I can do everything else via ampDroid i.e. get MP to play the network files directly on the computer but I can't download or stream them to my tablet.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm not sure what authentication is used for Homegroup but MPExtended definitely works with a username / password for networked machines. Can you set up a user on the other machine and use those credentials for MPExtended?

looseleaf

March 18, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure what authentication is used for Homegroup but MPExtended definitely works with a username / password for networked machines. Can you set up a user on the other machine and use those credentials for MPExtended?

Hi thanks for the suggestion but to do that I would have to disable Homegroup altogether and I have too many other things relying on it to unravel everything.

Is there any other way?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are you running the MPExtended service as non default user? If no, try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom