Ampdroid widget: Recently added / watched series and movies (1 Viewer)

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi oxan and the team. Let me start by say that this is am amazing app and has been my major reason for moving from ios to Android. its that good. And i'm grateful for the help you gents are so happy to give to people who need help getting everything set up. You represent all that's good about media Portal and open source. Bravo.

I really like the recently added serIes and movies windows that you can get on your home screen with the moving pictures and TV series plug ins. For me this is one of the best features of MP.

Two suggestions: Its it possible to add such a view in ampdroid? And if not, or I addition to that, would it be possible to pull together a widget showing the recently watched our added shows so that the user can jump straight to them from their device home screen without having to navigate to the intended show in the usual manner?

This would be fantastic for users on tablets and for people like me and my galaxys2.

I imagine the code pretty much already exists within the MP and TV series plugins. How hard it is to do in reality is another matter. What do you guys reckon? RT

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi oxan and the team. Let me start by say that this is am amazing app and has been my major reason for moving from ios to Android. its that good. And i'm grateful for the help you gents are so happy to give to people who need help getting everything set up. You represent all that's good about media Portal and open source. Bravo.

I really like the recently added serIes and movies windows that you can get on your home screen with the moving pictures and TV series plug ins. For me this is one of the best features of MP.

Two suggestions: Its it possible to add such a view in ampdroid? And if not, or I addition to that, would it be possible to pull together a widget showing the recently watched our added shows so that the user can jump straight to them from their device home screen without having to navigate to the intended show in the usual manner?

This would be fantastic for users on tablets and for people like me and my galaxys2.

I imagine the code pretty much already exists within the MP and TV series plugins. How hard it is to do in reality is another matter. What do you guys reckon? RT
    That's already planned, that's why there is currently so much space under the icons... I also thought about widgets, it'll probably also come at some point.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    SC20120504-183929.jpg
    SC20120504-183914.jpg

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    I se e w h a t y o u m e a n.

funny , mpwebextended already pushes latest media onto its homescreen

so maybe ampdroid widgets can ride off that :)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    That would be fantastic. See new movies/series that have been added without actually opening the app :)

Keep up the good work guys.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    definitely a great idea that would round off the ampdroid offering quite nicely. especially when you consider that widgets are 1 of the biggest selling points of the android platform

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom