aMPed 3.1: superaMPed! - the skin you practically design yourself (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Mrbougles - First, I will try to help, but since you have not entered your System Specs or explained what version of MP you are using, I will just be guessing. Are you editing a previous Mod or starting with revaMPed or Classic?

I cant seem to get My Pictures out of a settings menu
    As it explains in the Wiki page - BasicHome revaMPed You cannot move an item from one sub menu to another. You just delete Pictures from the Settings Sub Menu and then add it to the Main Menu or any sub Menu you wish.

I cant add my lyrics plugin to my music menu
    As Reg said, it is already on the Music Sub menu by default. However, it may appear blank if you are using MP 1.1.0 as a number of the translation string files were removed. So the button works, but the text does not display. If you use aMPed SVN the fix is already there. But you may have another problem since you say Lyrics does not appear in the drop down menu? I cannot duplicate that issue, so I will need a lot more detail.

EDIT: - Just checked and the same issue occurs in the drop down lists. If your using MP 1.1.0 RC1 you need to update using aMPed SVN for Lyrics and TV Series to display. See Issue 203 in the aMPed Issue Tracker.

as arent a few others
    If you let me know what other plugins are not listed in the drop down menus, that might help me figure out what your problem is. All plugins supported by aMPed are listed. However, plugins not supported by aMPed are not listed!

My games i actually play and use are stuck in a sub sub menu and games i dont play are in a higher tier.
    That is likely the same issue as Pictures - you can't move between submenus, so you have to remove from one submenu and add to another. You can even put your games on the Main Menu if you like, and really make your girlfriend happy ;)

Also are we limited to 6 entrys in a menu
    Nope, I count 7 items per sub menu - but yes we are limited to those 7 since if you are using 18pt font, as many aMPed users do, any more than 7 items starts to get crowded.

Mrbougles

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for all your rapid responses!

I should have been more specific in describing the issues. I am unlikely to be able have time to trouble shoot this or give you more detailed info for a few days as im too busy and curenlty stuck at work. But FYI it is MP RC1 im running. I will try the SVN builds of aMPed which it sounds like it may help. A little more playing around and ill hopefully get what im aiming for.

I have read the wiki and am aware you cant move the menus as such but was struggling with the "add" part of the workaround.

Ive been running mediaportal for at least 5 years and this skin is a big step forward in personalising the interface - thanks.

Cheers.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I noticed today for the first time that aMPed wont return to Basic home menu after being on a sub menu.

Solution in the meantime is:

Uncheck the MP config option under General options at bottom of list

"allow remember last focussed item on supported window skin"

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Reg - What do you mean it won't return to the BasicHome menu? Do you mean when you are a sub menu of revaMPed BasicHome and you press the left arrow it will not return to the Home menu? Or did you mean that the headers do not rotate when you access another window and return to the sub menu - as you mentioned on IRC?

The "allow remember last focused item on supported window skin" is related to the vertical headers not rotating if you use the remember last focused item option. I have fixed this for aMPed 3.2. There are a lot of changes for new features in MP 1.1.0 which I hope to get into SVN soon. In the meantime the fix you mentioned will solve the problem of the headers. Or you can edit BasicHome.xml, at the top of the file: <rememberLastFocusedControl>yes</rememberLastFocusedControl> <<< change it from 'yes' to 'no'

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Reg - What do you mean it won't return to the BasicHome menu? Do you mean when you are a sub menu of revaMPed BasicHome and you press the left arrow it will not return to the Home menu? Or did you mean that the headers do not rotate when you access another window and return to the sub menu - as you mentioned on IRC?

The "allow remember last focused item on supported window skin" is related to the vertical headers not rotating if you use the remember last focused item option. I have fixed this for aMPed 3.2. There are a lot of changes for new features in MP 1.1.0 which I hope to get into SVN soon. In the meantime the fix you mentioned will solve the problem of the headers. Or you can edit BasicHome.xml, at the top of the file: <rememberLastFocusedControl>yes</rememberLastFocusedControl> <<< change it from 'yes' to 'no'

What I mean is that when MP loads all looks fine, if I then go to the TV sub menu and try to return to Basic Home menu by pressing the Green button on my remote or use back arrow it wont go to Basic Home, it just sits on the TV sub menu . Another press of Green Button takes me to MyHome menu.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Right you are Reg - very good point! Since all sub menus are part of Basic Home, pressing the Green Button will not return to the 'Home' menu. One solution, as you correctly pointed out, is to disable remember last focused item. The other, is to just use the left arrow again to get back to the Home menu. The nice part is, each user has the option to choose what they prefer. :)

Remember last focused item has to be implemented in each skin file where you want it to work. I haven't decided yet which windows need it and which don't. Any suggestions?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Warning! I am about to load aMPed 3.2 to SVN for testing. So don't update from SVN, or at least make a backup if you do.

NOTE: aMPed 3.2 requires MP 1.1.0 RC4 or later

Anyone who wishes to try out the new version can sign up as a tester and get full instructions to update, install and test the new version.

See the new thread on aMPed 3.2 Testing

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom