aMPed 3.3.2 Testing (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As we are getting close to a public release of aMPed 3.2.2 I have started this thread where you can view info about the changes and report issues before the public release.

aMPed 3.2.2 Changes:
    • fixed a few issues reported
    • updated aMPed for the latest releases of plugins (Trakt 1.2.0, IMDB+ 1.3.0, MyEmulators 4.0, HTPC Info v1.3.1, InfoService 1.6.6, Youtube.fm 0.8.x )
    • added support for mvCentral 0.5.0.x and Latest Media Handler 1.0.0.5
    The only major new aMPed feature is that when you install a new version of aMPed, your Basic Home layout mods will now update automatically to any changes I make to revaMPed or Vintage layouts. Thanks Migue!!! The changes are already in SVN if you update the whole trunk, build the aMPed MPEI installer and reinstall to test.

For details of all the changes, view the Issue Tracker changes for v3.2.2

Many of the changes are already outlined in separate aMPed forum threads so you may wish to check those out as well - such as:
    I am waiting for the first public release of mvCentral, and to improve support for the latest version of Latest Media Handler (1.0.0.6) in the Basic Home Editor before releasing aMPed 3.2.2. When? Your guess is as good as mine ;)

Cheers!
    Dadeo

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    yrWeather plugin and InfoService Weather fixes

I have added support for the yrWeather plugin to SVN for 3.3.2 since MP Weather is currently not function (Weather Channel API is no longer free). Anyone willing to test and verify Issue 441? Unfortunately the plugin does not work from Basic Home yet, only from standard Home/Plugins windows. Hopefully we can get that fixed soon.

I also added a fix to Home Screens so the MP logo will display if InfoService weather is N/A or disabled (instead of only if Infoservice is not installed).

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just tried it and it works, but if i hit the right arrow on the remote twice the arrows for going to the next day or back to the day before loose focus and i have to leave the plugin to get the focus back.

MP logo works fine.

Please give us a skin for World Weather.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Chuck/TLD Thanks for the heads up about Worldwide Weather plugin - damn it I just finished yrWeather (but it does have some issues!)

I'll get to work on that right away Sirs ;) You know I usually don't like to add new, untested plugins to aMPed but I think in this case we need to make an exception to support weather in aMPed 3.3.2.

EDIT: thanks for catching the navigation issues in yrWeather TLD - I missed adding some of the usual aMPed Navigation controls. Will fix in SVN shortly.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Issue 434: Latest Media Handler tickers don't work if you modify label or move items on Basic Home.

Attached is my menu layout for aMPed RevaMPed (Newly downloaded this morning 11/20/11) as you can see i have moved "More" to the top of the list, changed "news" to "InfoService", changed "Radio" to "World Weather", and moved to 2nd from the bottom, changed "Video" to "Films" and moved up to the 4th position and moved "TV" to the 5th position.

When i have "More" selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies which is as expected.
    But when i have "Infoservice" selected i get recently added Music, shouldn't this be recently added TV series and recently added movies.
    When i have "Music" selected i get recently added Music as expected.
    But when i have "Films" selected i get recently added Recorded TV, shouldn't this be recently added movies.
    When i have "TV" selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies, shouldn't this be recently added TV series and recently added Recorded TV.
    When i have "World Weather" selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies which is as expected.
    When i have Games selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies which is as expected.

SubMenus

When i have "Wikipedia" submenu of Infoservice selected i get recently added Music, shouldn't this be recently added TV series and recently added movies.
    When i have "BrowseTheWeb" submenu of Infoservice selected i get recently added Music, shouldn't this be recently added TV series and recently added movies.
    When i have "Daily Comics" submenu of Infoservice selected i get recently added Music, shouldn't this be recently added TV series and recently added movies.
    When i have "HTPCInfo" submenu of Infoservice selected i get recently added Music, shouldn't this be recently added TV series and recently added movies.
    When i have "ScoreCenter" submenu of Infoservice selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies as expected.
    When i have "WorldMap" submenu of Infoservice selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies as expected.

When i have "Online Videos" submenu of Music selected i get recently added Music as expected.
    When i have "Last.fm" submenu of Music selected i get recently added Music as expected
    When i have "RadioTime" submenu of Music selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies, shouldn't this be recently added Music too.
    When i have "Playlists" submenu of Music selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies, shouldn't this be recently added Music too.
    When i have "Youtube.fm" submenu of Music selected i get recently added Music as expected.
    When i have "mvCentral" submenu of Music selected i get recently added Music as expected.
    When i have "Search" submenu of Music selected i get recently added Music as expected

When i have "Play DVD" submenu of Films selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies as expected.
    When i have "Net Flix" submenu of Films selected i get recently added Recorded TV, shouldn't this be recently added TV series and recently added movies.
    When i have "Movies" submenu of Films selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies as expected.
    When i have "Online Videos" submenu of Films selected i get recently added TV series, shouldn't this be recently added TV series and recently added movies.
    When i have "Videos" submenu of Films selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies as expected.
    When i have "Showtimes" submenu of Films selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies as expected.

When i have "Trakt" submenu of TV selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies as expected.
    When i have "Scheduled" submenu of TV selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies, shouldn't this be recently added Recorded TV.
    When i have "TV Guide" submenu of TV selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies, shouldn't this be recently added Recorded TV.
    When i have "Recorded TV" submenu of TV selected i get recently added movies, shouldn't this be recently added Recorded TV.
    When i have "TV Shows" submenu of TV selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies, shouldn't this Just be recently added TV series.
    When i have "TV Search" submenu of TV selected i get recently added TV series and recently added movies as expected.

Thanks for your efforts.
    TLD

Attachments

• BEditor.jpg
      BEditor.jpg
      121.4 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD - in short, in most cases you are right. The only case you reported that would not work as you expected is TV. I only added the ticker for latest Recorded TV not latest TV Series.

Did you edit your mod in Editor yet? All I had to do was resave it and it adjusted the tickers correctly. As you know from the issue I was not able to test if the new feature to auto-update your mods worked for the new Latest Media Handler tickers. Did you build and reinstall amped? If so, it sounds like it didn't work. :(

Thanks for testing!

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Hi TLD - in short, in most cases you are right. The only case you reported that would not work as you expected is TV. I only added the ticker for latest Recorded TV not latest TV Series.

Did you edit your mod in Editor yet? All I had to do was resave it and it adjusted the tickers correctly. As you know from the issue I was not able to test if the new feature to auto-update your mods worked for the new Latest Media Handler tickers. Did you build and reinstall amped? If so, it sounds like it didn't work. :(

Thanks for testing!

I deleted the old aMPed SVN (in the MP skin folder) and downloaded the new aMPed SVN (skin only) should i be downloading the whole SVN and making a new build from from that now. Yes i edited it as soon as i downloaded it.

"When i have "Online Videos" submenu of Films selected i get recently added TV series only"

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I deleted the old aMPed SVN (in the MP skin folder) and downloaded the new aMPed SVN (skin only) should i be downloading the whole SVN and making a new build from from that now. Yes i edited it as soon as i downloaded it.
    Yes to get the new Editor features, both for auto updating mods and tracking the changes you mod for LMH tickers, you need to download trunk and reinstall aMPed. You don't get Editor or ampedConfig changes if you only sync the skin folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom