aMPed SVN and Latest Media Handler plugin (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK i installed "Latest Media Handler" plugin and it appears to be working as expected but i can't find any documentation so i'll tell you what it's doing.

It is showing the latest TV series and latest movies in the ticker when the menu item that is selected is NOT "Music", "TV", "TV Shows", "Movies" (Moving Pictures) or "Pictures"

If i highlight the menu item "Music" the ticker shows the latest (i think) songs, but nothing else.

If i highlight the menu item "TV" the ticker shows the latest recorded TV (This is on a Client machine ie: no TV server installed), but nothing else.

If i highlight the menu item "TV Shows" the ticker shows the latest TV Series, but nothing else.

If i highlight the menu item "Movies" (Moving Pictures) the ticker shows the latest movies, but nothing else.

If i highlight the menu item "Pictures" the ticker shows the latest (i think) Pictures, but nothing else.

EDIT: I just checked and the plugin is not showing the latest added Music (songs) either by date modified or by creation date, it is looking at albums and it is not showing the latest album either. It could be because of the way i store the songs (all in a single folder) and i use ID3 tags in the MP3's.

It also didn't pickup the picture i just added to one of my picture folders.

But those are plugin issues i think and the ticker is working as expected i think.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Latest Media Handler plugin

Hi TLD:

Yes what you describe is the expected behaviour (minus the bugs :)) , at least for now. Anything more would require changes to Basic Home Editor.

There is more data that can be added to the tickers, but the more I add, the longer it takes to display each item, so I compromised for now. I would like to be able to add a play/view button for each item with a nice cover image and more info, but I have to work out with Migue how to do that in aMPed Basic Home/Editor and preserve the flexibility to move items around wherever you want.

EDIT: btw I am surprised you didn't request a ticker or something for HTPC Info (when it is highlighted) on Basic Home. I did think of it, but wasn't sure how many users would want that. ;)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

"btw I am surprised you didn't request a ticker or something for HTPC Info (when it is highlighted) on Basic Home. I did think of it, but wasn't sure how many users would want that."

I would use it, just don't like asking for stuff as i know your busy.

The reason i like to run HTPCInfo is because i run BOINC on all my computers " BOINC " which runs the CPU at 100% all the time so i keep an eye on CPU temperatures.
    So it's nice to be able to check the CPU temperature without having to leave MP.

I think i could add the HTPCInfo CPU temperatures to the aMPed skin file, i just did some experimenting the other day with adding some HTPCInfo readings to the the Default wide skin and it wasn't to difficult.

I have broken "Latest Media Handler" plugin, I think it happened when i went into the editor and tried "wide fanart 16/9" then went back to the editor and selected just "Fanart" in the layout tab now i'm only getting "#infoservice.recently.added.series1.title", "#infoservice.recently.added.series1.seasonx", "#infoservice.recently.added.series1.episodenumber", "#infoservice.recently.added.series1.episodetitle" and so on, the same with movies. and it's not showing the recently add music when i highlight music and so on with recorded tv etc.

EDIT: i ended up deleting the aMPed skin SVN and reinstalling it and now it's working again.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

It might be a good feature request for HTPC Info - to add info to Basic Home - there could be a skin file that skinners can adjust to fit their Basic Home screen. However, if you come up with something good for aMPed I am happy to add it and make sure it works for all screen/font sizes. Luckily you use 4x3 18pt font - so if you find some space to add it there it should work for all screen/font sizes.

Glad you got the Latest Media Info tickers working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom