Analog Cable Channels not found (1 Viewer)

rlongfield

Portal Member
January 4, 2012
I am having a problem getting Media Portal to scan analog cable channels. I've selected the country as either canada or United states and I still get "no signal".
If I change the Source to antenna Media Portal find channels 2 through 13. Then channels 14 through 69 returned "no signal" This is also a bit odd as channels 26 through 31 are analog stations on Cogeco cable.

I can attach whatever logs are needed. Since so many channels are no longer Analog this is now more of an exercise in setting up Media Portal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello rlongfield

If I change the Source to antenna Media Portal find channels...
    This suggests that the channel -> frequency mapping for USA and Canada doesn't work for your cable provider. The mapping is a Microsoft thing.

...2 through 13. Then channels 14 through 69 returned "no signal" This is also a bit odd as channels 26 through 31 are analog stations on Cogeco cable.
    Are you sure that 26-31 are not virtual channel numbers? TV Server scans physical channel numbers.
    I note that 12 channels found by TV Server does not equal 6 channels available. Have you tried to preview the channels and check whether there are duplicates in the channels found by TV Server? That can sometimes happen with strong signal...

I can attach whatever logs are needed.
    Please *always* post *all* logs - the more information, the better (within reason)... and it is a pain having to ask. If you're saying that you don't know where to find the log files:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up all the files you find there and post them here.

(Note: for an MP problem you would use the watchdog tool as described -->here<--.)

mm

rlongfield

Portal Member
    January 4, 2012
    Hello rlongfield

This suggests that the channel -> frequency mapping for USA and Canada doesn't work for your cable provider. The mapping is a Microsoft thing.

I'll have to do some digging to see what mapping I'll need to use for Cogeco Cable.

Are you sure that 26-31 are not virtual channel numbers? TV Server scans physical channel numbers.
    I note that 12 channels found by TV Server does not equal 6 channels available. Have you tried to preview the channels and check whether there are duplicates in the channels found by TV Server? That can sometimes happen with strong signal...

I assume that channels 26-31 are actual channel numbers, my analog tuner in my TV sees 26-31 (that is where the assumption comes from). The 2-13 channels are real channels with no duplicates.

Please *always* post *all* logs - the more information, the better (within reason)... and it is a pain having to ask. If you're saying that you don't know where to find the log files:

Ok I wasn't sure what I should attach. I've been playing with my setup and I don't have the right cable on the right card currently. I'll get the logs attached later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom