Analog FM radio stuttering because of timer running out! (1 Viewer)

Achilleas

Portal Member
December 15, 2012
Home Country
Greece Greece
The problem I will describe must be an easy one, although I can't find anything in the forum and/or the mp options to solve it... :(

Analog fm radio works fine with radio plugin, but the "now playing" duration/time (on the top of the screen) keeps running out every 3-4 seconds and this causes a stutter in the radio playback!!!! (because it acts as if a track ends every 3-4 sec.)
For example, when I open the radio, the timer says 00:00 / 00:06 ----> ...6 sec later.... ----> ...stutter... ---> 00:07 / 00:11 ---> 4 sec later ---> stutter ---> etc etc etc

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

P.S.: I'm using MP 1.3.0 beta, if you need more details plz ask

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

Yeah, we need more details such as the tuner that you're using, whether this problem occurred with previous versions of MP (if you used other versions of MP in the past)...
    It would be best to grab log files using the watchdog tool:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Please follow the instructions for reproducible problems.
    Basically: start MP with the watchdog, tune an FM channel, let it play for 1 minute, then close MP. This will create a zip file that you can attach to your post.

mm

Achilleas

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok, here are the logs after I did the procedure you described above

I am using the terratec cinergy HT PCI card (MKII revision - BDA drivers x64)
    it is a hybrid (Analog & Digital) card, and this problem was also present in 1.2.3 version

Last edited:

Achilleas

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Happy New Year!!!
    Anyone on this problem?
    I mean... there must be a way to fix the radio timer!

Achilleas

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Update:

Using the latest mediaportal 1.3.0 beta, and stuttering is now fixed... for the first two minutes of analog radio playing!To be more specific, here are the...

...Facts:

1)When I listen to DVB radio stations, everything is perfect and the timer/counter on top of the main mediaportal window is synced (e.g. it starts in 00:00/00:01 and after two minutes it's 02:00/02:01)

2)When I listen to analog radio stations, the timer/counter may start synced (00:00/00:01), but this syncing cannot be maintained stable and after two minutes or so it starts de-syncing - the first clock value is stalling in comparison with the second one (e.g. 03:00/04:31) and this causes major stuttering in the sound.
    [What is that counter/timer anyway? Timeshift?]

3)Although cpu load in the beginning is not raised at all, after two minutes when the stuttering occurs, there is a significant cpu load raise!!!

4)THIS IS THE INTERESTING PART: When I use the "preview" function in "tv-server configuration -> radio channels -> all channels", radio plays perfectly well!!!!! Seriously, I've listened to radio this way (preview) for two hours (!!!) and there was no stuttering, no change in sound quality, no big raise in cpu load.... Everything was perfect with preview!

5)I'm using software audio encoder to utilize the fm radio feature of my tuner card (I have ati mpeg audio encoder and intervideo audio encoder intalled correctly - yes I did my homework and studied every related thread here)Please help me out here....! I don't want to let fm analog radio die :(P.S.: Tell me if you need new logs from watchdog. I will post them if someone is interested to solve this problem

EDIT: IT IS IN FACT TIMESHIFT!!!! Just realised that if I press the "Fast Forward Button" on my remote, THE STUTTERING IS FIXED!!!! Any way to disable timeshift for analog radio?? I mean, I have to press pause and fast forward every time the stuttering is happening and this is annoying!!!!

Last edited:

Achilleas

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Problem is now SOLVED!!! Please mark this thread is [fixed]!

As it turns out, this was a DECODER problem! After changing the default ac3/mpeg audio decoder from LAV to any cyberlink or ffdshow audio decoder, analog radio plays perfectly without syncing problems :) Seems the tsreader fails to sync the audio with LAV audio decoder...

I hope this thread proves useful for future tv tuner "software encoder" users. Just use ATI mpeg audio encoder with any (other than LAV) ac3/mpeg audio decoder and enjoy analog radio :)

Thank you team mediaportal!!! Great media center, but please don't break compatibility with analog tuners in future releases :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom