Analog Tv & Deinterlacing, possible? (1 Viewer)

Bracco

Portal Member
December 27, 2005
i am just wondering... i just bought a pinnacle PCTV 310i, which is hybrid DVB/Analog, which replaced my old Zoltrix Genie-tv.

with old card, when i tried MP, there was no way to get deinterlacing to work, so i gone back do DScaler.

but as soon as i got the 310i, and since dscaler doesn't support it, i gone for MP. DVB tv is fine, but even with this card, deinterlacing is absolutely not working with analog tv.

none of the options affects the image, it seems that all is only for DVB signal. i also tried FFDshow, but got no results.

so my question is... are all the people here using an analog card getting interlaced tv? there is a way i can turn on some kind of deinterlace for analog tv?

i searched the forum all day but found nearly nothing

Bracco

Portal Member
December 27, 2005
after intensive search i found that this is because the analog tuner is recognised as a s\w capture card, so with sw card you get no filters.

i just read that there is no more development for sw cards...

the thing i don't understand is why, why generic s\w card is there, it works quite nice, but lacks the deinterlacer filter. this makes it almost useless... it shouldn't be impossible to add a deinterlacer filter for sw cards, there is dscaler dshow filter which can be the solution...

then MP will be perfect even for s\w wdm cards, which are sooo many... it's just a little step away...

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    The support was removed primarily because of the massive load they put on the system when recording. This caused other problems in MP while things were recording and people complained. So it was decided that hardware cards arent such a big ask in terms of building a media centre box.

You can re-add them (unless somethings changed) to newer releases by editing the capturecarddefinations.xml but beyond that, if it doesnt work, it wont get any better.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Right-click on in your C:program Files\Team Media Portal\Media Portal\capturecarddefinitions.xml and select "edit".

Bracco

Portal Member
    December 27, 2005
    Commodore 64 said:
    Right-click on in your C:program Files\Team Media Portal\Media Portal\capturecarddefinitions.xml and select "edit".

yeah, right, i knew that -_-' i meant what to put in the file

JörgenL

Portal Member
    December 24, 2005
    Lund, Sweden
    Bracco said:
    hm... thx for you answer... could you give me a hint on how to edit capturecarddefinitions.xml ?

I, kind of, got my analog card working by using the info in
    http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/install:capturecards:start
    to create an entry in capturecarddefinitions.xml . That is basically focused on DVB cards, but I downloaded the Graphedit tool and managed to put togeter a graph that played my card in graphedit. I then looked in the capturecarddefinitions.xml for another analog card, copied that and edited the copy to match my card. (It didn't work in RC2, but in 0.1.3 it worked, but without sound. That can probably be fixed by patching the sound output of the TV card to line in on the sound card with a short cable, but I would prefer that MP could handle it by connecting the filters, so I'm currently looking into that in the sources. Wish me luck...)

I have read the explanation on why MP aren't going to put work into supporting sound cards, but I'm not so convinced by the argument. My machine has an Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4400+ and 2 GB Ram, so I think it might be able to handle S/W recording rather well...

Bracco

Portal Member
    December 27, 2005
    JörgenL said:
    Bracco said:
    hm... thx for you answer... could you give me a hint on how to edit capturecarddefinitions.xml ?

I, kind of, got my analog card working by using the info in
    http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/install:capturecards:start
    to create an entry in capturecarddefinitions.xml . That is basically focused on DVB cards, but I downloaded the Graphedit tool and managed to put togeter a graph that played my card in graphedit. I then looked in the capturecarddefinitions.xml for another analog card, copied that and edited the copy to match my card. (It didn't work in RC2, but in 0.1.3 it worked, but without sound. That can probably be fixed by patching the sound output of the TV card to line in on the sound card with a short cable, but I would prefer that MP could handle it by connecting the filters, so I'm currently looking into that in the sources. Wish me luck...)

I have read the explanation on why MP aren't going to put work into supporting sound cards, but I'm not so convinced by the argument. My machine has an Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4400+ and 2 GB Ram, so I think it might be able to handle S/W recording rather well...

hm ok... but my card is actually working with generic s\w card support, only thing is that the video is not deinterlaced... so i can see artifacts. will this procedure help?

JörgenL

Portal Member
    December 24, 2005
    Lund, Sweden
    hm ok... but my card is actually working with generic s\w card support, only thing is that the video is not deinterlaced... so i can see artifacts. will this procedure help?

No, probably not, I misunderstood your problem, thought you didn't get it to work at all.

Maybe you could do it that way anyway, if you manage to figure out a way to get a deinterlacing filter into the filtergraph descriped in the xml-definition and then persuade MP that that filter is the output filter that MP should grab, but Im not at all sure that it is possible to do that...

[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom