Android remote projects... Do we need focus? (1 Viewer)

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey guys,

Great to see so mutch work being done for the MediaPortal Android remote! I see 2 great options right now:

[Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client (DieBagger)

[Android] Android remote (kroko)

Are you guys working together? Would it be helpfull to focus the work or is is noce to have 2 different option? I'm just checking....

Great work guys!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hey guys,

Great to see so mutch work being done for the MediaPortal Android remote! I see 2 great options right now:

[Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client (DieBagger)

[Android] Android remote (kroko)

Are you guys working together? Would it be helpfull to focus the work or is is noce to have 2 different option? I'm just checking....

Great work guys!

We're not working together but we did talk about joining forces a while ago. The problem was that both of us had already started a project and had different views on the implementation (and I guess didn't want to abandon the own work done to that point). We do share ideas/findings once in a while and like it is with skins/plugins in mp -> we follow what the other is doing and try to include what we like in our own projects (at least I do it that way ;)).

Maybe at some point we join forces and use the best of both programs but for now I guess there will be two android mp remote projects...

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Which isn't necessarily a bad way of doing it. You could argue it is a duplication of effort, but you could also say that competition is good :)

Not that it's a competition, but you get the drift. Two developers or sets of developers feeding off idea from one another, but in their own ways. Isn't that what MP does with the other media centre applications? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom