[Animation] Flash/ShockWave Plug-in (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi!

Media Portal Interface is really friendly. But i think, as the other MC/HTPC interface... it miss some ambience animation, shuch as some WebSite.

Is it possible to developp a GUI plug-in based on Flash/ShockWave?

Insperation:
http://www.2advanced.com + Protfolio
http://www.estudio.com

@st@+ :wink: [/url]

dipunm

Portal Pro
August 6, 2006
i think thats a brilliant idea... ppl can then use flash to create skins sooooo cool... or at least components and it wud be using structure from mp... i think from what ive read though, that mp uses a custom 3d engine and a feature like this might sabbotage the need for it.

I hope that skins could include swf files at least so that animations are fast and cool.
:wink:

madsrh

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
flash

First of all Psi[4]icK >> WOW, You are the flash master. Very cool site - You should make some material for MediaPortal :wink:

Anyway, sounds like a big project. I must admit that everything runs a little smoother in Windows Media Center - and that's sad.

The programming required in changeing MP's "engine" to be based on flash is properly crazy, considered how small a "problem" this is. On the hand, adding Flash features might be possible...

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't think that MediaPortal has plans to ever include Flash.

BUT, just as flashy is XAML. If you haven't heard of it, then you should google it. I believe with it you can do the bells and whistle type flash like Flash can.

Psi[4]icK - Were the URL's you provide your work? Do you develop flash?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    mzemina said:
    Psi[4]icK - Were the URL's you provide your work? Do you develop flash?

Dude... take a look at date of first post and users "status".....

If you are awaiting an answer; don't hold your breath :wink:

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay - Thanks for pointing that out. Duh (still looking for the Homer Simpson head slapping emoticon) :oops:

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    I'm currently working on XAML styles, controls, effects and animations for MP, because this, no flash, xaml it's better and can change and edit styles easy.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    XAML makes me ******. How far are we away from being able to use it? I've done a little research. If I've got it right, the only thing needed to support it is an upgrade to .NET 3.0 (beta 2 is the current version)?

A great advantage seams it can be coded, but there will also become a lot of tools available to create skins. There won't be any need for design tools that are specificly intended for the use of creating skins for MP. They will be somesort of fusion between 3Dmax, Flash and Photoshop, vector based. Am I right Venessa?

How far is the devlopment of this skin engine?

btw: Where do you find the time to do al this great work for MP Venessa? I need to find some myself :p

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    Bram said:
    XAML makes me ******. How far are we away from being able to use it? I've done a little research. If I've got it right, the only thing needed to support it is an upgrade to .NET 3.0 (beta 2 is the current version)?

A great advantage seams it can be coded, but there will also become a lot of tools available to create skins. There won't be any need for design tools that are specificly inted for the use of creating skins for MP. They will be somesort of fusion between 3Dmax, Flash and Photoshop, vector based. Am I right Venessa?

How far is the devlopment of this skin engine?

btw: Where do you find the time to do al this great work for MP Venessa? I need to find some myself :p

Well i use:

* Microsoft Expression
    To create styles, controls, and animations.
    * Adobe Illustrator
    To create SVG(Scalable vector graphics) for MS Expression.
    * Zam3D
    To create custom 3D and cinematic screens.

With XAML i can create GUI's like this...

http://www.youtube.com/v/IfpjOlfTdCg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom