Animeted menu (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Can we make the menus with animation like the mediacenter for xbox. Exploding en fading menus or sliding that is a cool feature. When scrolling the main menu the menu must for example shake like the original MCE and de MC for XBOX.

Fullscreen screensaver and animation with music.

Alot to do :D

A

Anonymous

It may be uneccessary, but if done properly it would be really slick. MP is using a killer 3D engine to do everything in 2D. Almost seems like a waste of such great potential.
Although if it never happens, MP is great as it is.

A

Anonymous

knubile said:
It may be uneccessary, but if done properly it would be really slick. MP is using a killer 3D engine to do everything in 2D. Almost seems like a waste of such great potential.
Although if it never happens, MP is great as it is.

i dont ever see anything wrong with it being attractive. i'm looking at gui's like tivo and xbox mc, and it is nicer on the eyes.

sure you dont need animated backgrounds and transitions, but it makes it pretty darn attractive.

sla

Portal Member
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I think a criteria one would choose a particular HTPC software over another is the way it looks, especially if it is being used as the main media appliance in the lounge room.

I have a Remote Wonder II, which means I can use ATI's EasyLook software for the TV (still can't get timeshifting to work in MP, so using ATI's MMC for TV) - normal ATI MMC looks ugly, but add EasyLook and it looks cool with it's animation and translucency.

So, if done right, I think adding animation and other graphic enhancements will only improve MP's aesthetic appeal.

A

Anonymous

sla said:
I think a criteria one would choose a particular HTPC software over another is the way it looks, especially if it is being used as the main media appliance in the lounge room.

I have a Remote Wonder II, which means I can use ATI's EasyLook software for the TV (still can't get timeshifting to work in MP, so using ATI's MMC for TV) - normal ATI MMC looks ugly, but add EasyLook and it looks cool with it's animation and translucency.

So, if done right, I think adding animation and other graphic enhancements will only improve MP's aesthetic appeal.

exactly, if its going to be sitting in my entertainment center, some great visuals would be impressive.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I agree that a lot can be done to make MP look more attractive
    One thing i personally like is the Microsoft Mediacenter way

controls like buttons are 'grouped' together and a group
    can fly in from left,top,right,bottom '
    Maybe this is a good start

Frodo

A

Anonymous

frodo said:
    I agree that a lot can be done to make MP look more attractive
    One thing i personally like is the Microsoft Mediacenter way

controls like buttons are 'grouped' together and a group
    can fly in from left,top,right,bottom '
    Maybe this is a good start

Frodo

if anything an option to have a completely stripped down version of MP (like the way it is now) that runs quick on older pcs. But an optional version of MP with lots of great snazzy visuals and animations would be ideal for HTPC that sit in the living room.

A

Anonymous

In the end though, it's going to boil down to time. If somebody wants to put the effort in, it'll happen.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi favian,

favian said:
    if anything an option to have a completely stripped down version of MP (like the way it is now) that runs quick on older pcs. But an optional version of MP with lots of great snazzy visuals and animations would be ideal for HTPC that sit in the living room.

Nice idea. Really great would be some sort of speed options in the setup. Like in games: turn filtering on / off, set settings for a fast or a slow system. Since MP works with DX rendering i think something like that could be possible.

But thats the future! :) There a still some bugs to be solved.

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom