[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (1 Viewer)

mmf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Anyone managed to get RTSP-Streaming with Windows Media Player working?

VLC works fine for me, but I really don't like the picture quality of the internal codecs (deinterlacing).

rtsp://HTPC/stream2.0

Tried to open it in WMP -> Protocol not supported.

I checked the settings in WMP - everything is checked. And its not a firewall problem... why should it :D

SQLServer: TCP/IP and Named Pipes - remote and local is activated.

MP TV CLient: TCP Connection fails???

:D for your help!

tricke1

June 22, 2008
    Hi

I really like this app! Does it matter what mpeg-2 video decoder you select? I know that ffdshow works, but it has some problems with sports events I've seen. Is there any others that work? I tried changing to different ones, but found I got no video.

thanks

FransO

Portal Member
    July 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The MP TV Client looks great, but I have some problems getting it to work correctly.

There is an error during the connections check, The TCP connection to the database server could not be established even though the test on the database connection windows works correctly. This might be caused by the fact that my database server is not the same machine as my tv server. The error does not seem to have any effect. Connection to tv server can be established normally.

The main problem is that after I start a session, the transmission stops after 45 seconds. The VLC windows freezes and there is no more network traffic either at the client or the server. When I close the VLC client and start a new session I can view TV for another 45 seconds.

Can anyone help me in solving this problem? It does not seem to be a networking problem, the limit on 45 seconds viewing time is the seem over a fixed and a wireless connection.

Frans

sebbl

Portal Member
    March 12, 2008
    The main problem is that after I start a session, the transmission stops after 45 seconds. The VLC windows freezes and there is no more network traffic either at the client or the server. When I close the VLC client and start a new session I can view TV for another 45 seconds.
    Sounds like this problem.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, must have forgot about that.
    Normally there is a heartbeat transmitter thread, which sends a heartbeat every few seconds to tell the server, that the session is still alive. This transmitter is currently not implemented in MPTvClient so TvServer thinks the session is dead and closes the connection.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Due to the bug sebbl mentioned it isn't possible to use VLC standalone anymore either which is not as it is supposed to work. This is already being worked on so I don't know if you need to implement the transmitter at all.

-level20peon

FransO

Portal Member
    July 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The MP TV Client shows the server as timeshifting even after the VLC image has frozen. The tuner goes back to the idle state only after I close VLC. So it looks like the server still thinks it is sending. The VLC log does not show anything relevant, it just seems to be waiting for the next frame and only closes it's side of the connection when I end VLC. It looks like something is disconnecting the rtsp stream without informing either server or client.

Hope this helps some.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    WRT the RTSP problem some are having I have tried to incur this 'bug' and as of yet can't reproduce it .

At the momnet I am timeshifting to VLC 0.8.6.e network client via V1.3.1 and have been for over an hour on a w2ksp4 client, server RC2 latest svn VISTA32 sp1 .MS-SQL.

The only difference is there is a schedule recording active on the server at the moment.

Edit; from further testing and inspecting the tswriter log I see a dramatic increase in continuity errors on the server when MP TV client is timeshifting a stream with video content eventual crashing the tvservice (never had that before)

My above first test was with radio for an hour without increase in continuity errors.

Looking over my logs for last night and no similar problem with RC2 MP GUI client plugin and many hours of video/audio streaming/timeshifting.

Looks like MPTv client v1.3.1 is causing problems server side .

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tested 1.3.1 of your MPTV-Client. In my case it is impossible to deactivate the connection check on startup. The application always sets the corresponding registry value to

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\MPTvClient]
    "AlwaysPerformConnectionChecks"=dword:00000001

No matter whether I disable the check in the application itself or manually in the registry, everytime I run the MPTV-client it is set back to "1". Is this normal behaviour ?

-level20peon

FransO

Portal Member
    July 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Finally found a workaround to the freeze after 45 seconds (1100 to 1125 decoded blocks according to the Stream and media Info statistics) ;) although I don't know the cause yet :confused:.

If I set the VLC option Preferences - Demuxers - RTP/RTSP - advanced options - Use RTP over RTSP(TCP) to true everything runs correctly. This setting is off by default. According tot the Live555 (VLC's library for RTSP streaming) documentation it uses UDP by default. The relevant difference may be that UDP is a connectionless protocol whereas TCP is based on a connection. I had already opened Windows Firewall for both RTP over UDP and TCP and that did not make any difference.

For the record: I use VLC version 0.8.6i (and of course MP TV Client V1.3.1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom