Announce your plugin work in progress here!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Hello all,

Started a My Quiz plugin. Progress is slow since this is my very first serious attempt to do something with C# and MP.

Target:
    To create a plugin which read a quiz information from .xml file and store a score to a .xml file. Supports pictures and up to five questions (A, B, C, D, F).

Current status:
    Playing with MCE skin and GUI.

So everyone, now is time to find those trvial pursuit cards. :)

CoolHammer

waeberd

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2004
    Fribourg (CH)
    Hey folks,

I am working on a new myProgram version. Wish I could check in but there's still stuff to do!

I've reworked the plugin definition forms:
    * added tooltips, user sees now which fields are mandatory
    * added treeview (preparing a multi-level browsing of myProgram items)
    * did a definition screen per source-type => only the relevant fields are really visible now...
    * (probably) finished the new database version, so db is ready for the next few goodies that have to be devved....

That's it for tonight..... have fun!

Daniel

Edit:
    here's a screenshot from the new setup form:
    progress.jpg

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    troydsmith said:
    forbes said:
    troydsmith said:
    I'm starting on a caller id plugin for MediaPortal. I've got the callerid portion working outside of MediaPortal. I'm starting to hookup the plugin now.
    -Troy

Seen this:
    http://callerid.hargraveusa.com/
    Might provide some inspiration.

Thanks for the link. I had not yet seen that. There are some nice features in there that I'll look at putting in the plugin.

-Troy

I was going to do that as well. Oh well, you beat me to it :) Sounds like you have the YAC listener done, but I have that much done as well in C#. If you need that code, let me know.

A

Anonymous

My Clock

A worldclock... perhaps even with alarm function. Handy for when you have family in different timezones (never again: whoops sorry i didnt call, forgot the time)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Started working on a TTS (Text to Speech Plugin) that I hope will be open to other plugins to make MP say whatever they want.

But it's gonna take a while, I'm just starting out (the talking isnt hard, I have that already, but the integration in MP.....weeehh) hehe

Anyways, I also want to have a generic plugin that tells the user information, maybe a key button could be assigned to this that will read (user defined) information.

P

paulh

I've just started working on enhancing the Weather plugin to display multiple images. I noticed that quite a few people in the feature request forum have requested this, and thought it would be a nice thing try developing.

A

Anonymous

NoMoDo said:
    Today I began working on a plugin interface for Cover Art fetchers (both Music and DVD covers), and art fetchers for Amazon (.com, .de, .co.uk, .co.jp), Walmart.com, and Buy.com.
    This work only applies to the actual grabbing of cover art - not the interface with which the user will select the appropriate downloaded cover art. This will probably have to be implemented by someone else (Frodo?), since I am not yet familiar with the GUILibrary.

Progress Report The fetching of album art works for Amazon, Buy.com, Walmart and Google picture search is done, and fairly clean (though I still need to fix it up a bit more). Ready to be integrated into MP by someone else. (Maybe me, I'm gonna try to do My Lyrics first :D )

How are you progressing with this? I was going to implement some amazone web services 4.0 code that I wrote, but I see you may have already started (finished?) something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom