Announcement for skinners: SubCentral integration (1 Viewer)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    As you might know, SubCentral, a new centralized plugin for subtitle management in MediaPortal is due to be released soon. As part of integration, in addition to creating SubCentral skin files, skinners should also make small adjustment to MovingPictures skin file. To my knowledge, many of the popular skins have already been updated.

Basically, all that's needed is one extra button control with hyperlink to SubCentral. Something like this:

Code:
    <control>
      <description>SubCentral</description>
      <id>999</id>
      <type>button</type>
      <label>Check for Subtitles</label>
      <hyperlink>84623</hyperlink>
      <visible>plugin.isenabled(SubCentral)+!control.isvisible(50)+!control.isvisible(51)</visible>
    </control>

It's possible to add this anywhere in MovingPictures but most logical and preferred locations are:

• Details screen
    • (Hidden) menu

Both places have advantages and disadvantages. Disadvantage of button in details screen is that you IMHO ruin the clean look of that super cool screen :) And also, makes for more complex navigation. Disadvantage of button in (hidden) menu is that you cannot access it for every movie while browsing movies in small or large thumbs views. There are no problems for list or filmstrip views. It is of course up to you to decide for the approach that best suits your skin.

Example of button in details screen is in default Blue3/Blue3wide skins that come with MovingPictures > v1.0.3:
    movingpictures.details.xml - moving-pictures - Project Hosting on Google Code

Button in hidden menu already exist in Black Glass (Nova):
    movingpictures.hiddenmenu.xml - blackglass - Project Hosting on Google Code

StreamedMP has it both ways, in details screen as in hidden menu:
    movingpictures.details.xml - streamedmp - Project Hosting on Google Code
    movingpictures.hiddenmenu.xml - streamedmp - Project Hosting on Google Code

If you also want to start designing SubCentral skin file, take a look at skins at Google Code pages:
    subcentral - Project Hosting on Google Code
    trunk - streamedmp - Project Hosting on Google Code

Thanks for looking and the support :)

Regards,
    SE

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi SilentException,

I have a question about this.. I'm trying to add a subcentral button to the videoOSD in StreamedMP..

But when I try to launch this button I'm getting a error message (see image bellow)

Is there a way to implentate this feature?

:D

EDIT: I have test if it is possible to launch subcentral when a movie is playing in fullscreen.. I think it isn't yet.. I use the shortcutter plugin to test it, and when I try to launch subcentral with a shortcut of buttons, I'm also getting this message.. I hope there is a solution for this..

Attachments

• OSD 1.jpg
      OSD 1.jpg
      145.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom