Another MCE-Clone - Download available (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I decided to do some skinning over the past week. Since I didn't wanna get everyones hopes up without knowing if I'll actually finish this, and I didn't wanna make another one of the look at how cool my skin is threads that never gets released, I have kept my mouth shut.

But I am now at a Point where I'm about 90% done. Ill have to do some more OSD work tomorrow. Unfortunatly I'll be gone next week, so the skin will be release when I am back, probably next Saturday. I intend to give it its final touches while I'm gone.

Ok, before anyone comes up and screams its illegal to copy mce gfx, all the graphics are one of three things. Either I have drawn them myself, they are from the original MP mce skin, or they are from the net but are NOT copy restricted. Most of them are from www.sxc.hu. I have only taken Images that have no usage restriction on them.

Ok, now for some GFX:

Some HomeScreen Shots:
    preview12fb.jpg

preview29dp.jpg

preview47vx.jpg

preview56ol.jpg

preview65cm.jpg

preview82aj.jpg

This is the redesigned Popup Dialog.
    preview30je.jpg

TV Home Screen. Note how the menu items fade out on the right. I really like this effect.
    preview72ng.jpg

Finally, this is the direction of the OSD. As you can see more work is required here, but this is what I would like it to look like eventually for both TV and myVideos.
    preview97tv.jpg

As you can see, its clearly based on MCE but is not a direct clone. Please give me your comments and crits.

Thank you.
    Inker

EDIT 26.12.2005:
    Download now available. Some things still missing though. Please see page 3 for details:

LINK MOVED TO HP

Thanks alot carreno for hosting :)

EDIT 08.01.2006
    Fixed Issue with resolutions and a few other things.
    DL Available on main MP site under skins:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,fileinfo/id,66/

Chimen

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great great great.

Very nice.

Everything looks good, but I would prefer the OSD at the bottom, and a smaller one, looks a bit to big for my taste.

Keep up the good work.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Thanks guys.

Rest assured, this one WILL be released. At the latest for christmas, but most likely before then. Until then may I suggest harley's excellent xmas skin ;-)

Inker

TheVideoViking

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Re: Another MCE-Clone

Inker said:
    Finally, this is the direction of the OSD. As you can see more work is required here, but this is what I would like it to look like eventually for both TV and myVideos.

No, i don't see it. It l :shock: ks Great!

--edit
    the eyes are oo in looks. Doesn't work as well as i hoped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom