another Unable to play: Live3-0.ts problem (1 Viewer)

Patricia Lenhart

July 6, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry, I know there's a lot of these question, but I couldn't find an answer that seemed to work for me. It worked great until I added the TV Guide and set up the timeshifting. I know better but I didn't test after each step but I'm sure the problem is in my timeshifting set up. Can you see what I got wrong?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Patricia! :)

I think the problem is something to do with the settings under TV/radio -> advanced options in MediaPortal Configuration. There should be no need for you to be using UNC paths.

Regards,
    mm

Patricia Lenhart

July 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you, that was the problem. Now if I can just figure out why my tv guide is off my 3 hours, I'll be all set. It's got to be the time zone, so I'll just keep playing until I figure it out.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you, that was the problem.
    Great! :)

Now if I can just figure out why my tv guide is off my 3 hours, I'll be all set. It's got to be the time zone, so I'll just keep playing until I figure it out.
    If you could share more details about how you're acquiring your guide data then I may be able to help. Otherwise, yes I'd generally agree that such a problem would be related to time zone configuration somewhere (guide data provider, Windows, or importer).

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    double check you set a ZIPCODE for your location. imdb adjusts the EPG times based on the zipcode setting. default assumes east coast EDT/EST

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Patricia,

After my earlier post I downloaded your imdb.txt file, noticed you have zip=94542 set for the west coast. I configured WebEPG on my test system, used my SF Bay area imdb.xml for 2 channels and your imdb.xml file for 2 different channels, both give me the correct west coast times (5PM news shows up at 5PM etc).

Not sure why your EPG is off by 3 hours, I'm using MePo 1.9.0 have not updated MePo for a while, maybe I'll try MePo 1.12 this weekend. Don't know if there any changes to WebEPG that could cause timezone problems. Does MePo show the correct local date/time in the upper right corner when you look at the EPG?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Another comment/request. Could you use setuptv.exe, set WebEPG GrabDays=2, do a "GrabNow!", and upload your SetupTV.log file. For my tests I see the following in my SetupTV.log (edited for space), curious what you get

## next lines show 3 News shows for 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:00pm
    [2015-07-07 14:43:56,713] [Log ] [WebEPGImporter] [INFO ] - WebEPG: Guide, Program Info: 20150708170000 - NBC Bay Area News at 5
    [2015-07-07 14:43:56,713] [Log ] [WebEPGImporter] [INFO ] - WebEPG: Guide, Program Info: 20150708173000 - NBC Nightly News
    [2015-07-07 14:43:56,713] [Log ] [WebEPGImporter] [INFO ] - WebEPG: Guide, Program Info: 20150708180000 - NBC Bay Area News at 6

20150708170000 - NBC Bay Area News at 5, shows tomorrow Date = 2015 07 08, Local Time = 170000 (5 PM in 24 hr time)

Last edited:

Patricia Lenhart

July 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Is this what you need?

Attachments

• SetupTv.txt
      587.7 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    that the file I'm looking for, shows KTVU is using the MePo default imdb file your renamed "WebEPG: Opening US\original www_imdb_com.xml", the other channels seem to be using your updated file "WebEPG: Opening US\www_imdb_com.xml".

KTVU is using wrong zipcode, "?zip=ZIPCODE", so at least that channel will have problems. The other channels KRON, KPIX, etc use correct "?zip=94542".

the other channels, KPIX for example do have the expected PDT times for example, but they are already in the tvserver database,
    WebEPG: Guide, Program Info: 20150707170000 - KPIX 5 News at 5pm
    WebEPG: Program already in db
    WebEPG: Guide, Program Info: 20150707173000 - CBS Evening News With Scott Pelley
    WebEPG: Guide, Program Info: 20150707180000 - KPIX 5 News at 6pm

As a test lets try the following with setuptv.exe

1. go to setuptv, Manual Control, press "Refresh DVB EPG", after 1-2 seconds a popup message will show up. This will erase the current EPG data that is off by 3 hours and give a fresh start.

2. Save a copy of "original www_imdb_com.xml" in another folder somewhere, and delete that file from the "WebEPG\grabbers\US" folder so your updated www_imdb_com.xml file is the only option. Close setuptv.exe and start setuptv.exe again after removing the file to be 100% sure you are using the new file.

3. In WebEPG plugin, clear all the old mappings, do another "auto map", and make sure this is using the new mappings, press "save" and do another "grab now". Hopefully this will fix your time problems. Upload the new SetupTV.log.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom