Any interface that allows manual programme recording? (1 Viewer)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    technoweary, if you don't want to take any more time on this then that's fine. However I'm quite happy to continue. You're not wasting or taking up too much of my time.
    That is very much appreciated

I think there are two things mixed up here:
    1. Whether (and how quickly) a guide data source such as the OTA source is actually corrected.
    2. How often you configure TV Server to check for updates.
    The first element is completely out of your control, but the second element is completely in your control. If you wanted to, you could configure TV Server to update guide data every hour. Is this something you considered?
    When I used XMLTV a daily update, early morning, was perfectly good enough but I could not find epg better than OTA

For the record, I was the person who responded to that request for help, and I didn't say or intend to indicate that there was no obvious reason for the problem. If you go back and read the thread, you'll see that I thought the no-audio-without-MPAR had nothing to do with codecs and everything to do with MP audio being muted somewhere. Also, I was waiting on you to provide additional log files. Lock ups are not out of the ordinary when using MPAR for TV. Like I said in my original reply to your audio help request: don't use MPAR for TV.

Honestly, I'm disappointed that you feel that it's easier to reinstall than solve the problem, but again, I respect your choice.
    Your help then was not the one I was actually referring to, and I understood your reply did not imply there was no obvious reason for the problem
    There are multiple unresolved issues stretching back many months and they will probably go away in a quick re-install
    A re-install will not solve the problem that instigated this post but I can work around it even if it is frustrating

Did not provide an answer in what way?
    Yes, you are absolutely correct, an answer was provided
    It was not what I had hoped, and I should have been more helpful by stating that I was looking for an alternative to the Titan skin

Thank you for all your assistance and best compliments of the season
    TW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom