Anybody interested in an iOS remote app (1 Viewer)

Do you need an iOS app for MediaPortal (library/remote)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mckirk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 18, 2009
    Hi everybody,

iPimp works well on the iPhone, however I miss the the library browser and "asynchronous" remote control. After a bit of search I found out that there is a pretty nice android app (aMPdroid) but no iOS app.

I would start working on such an app if there is enough interest. That's why I ask you:

Is anybody keen to have a beautiful iOS app for MediaPortal?

I attached a poll so I can find out if it is worth starting on such an app.

Cheers, Daniel

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well there is a iOS app, CouchPotato. I am not sure if that is what you are aiming for though. More MediaPortal apps is certainly welcome.

mckirk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 18, 2009
    Eve is under development, only for the ipad though. Is that what you have in mind?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...d-mediaportal-home-automation-control.102711/

Eve looks great. In general, it is what I am thinking of.

I want to support iPhone and iPod touch (since they make really nice remote controls).[DOUBLEPOST=1345716534][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well there is a iOS app, CouchPotato. I am not sure if that is what you are aiming for though. More MediaPortal apps is certainly welcome.

I don't like those remote imitations. Since the display has not haptical feedback I cannot touch the right button while starring at the screen. I want to browse through my library on the device, select the movie, hit play and put the device aside.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The maker of CouchPotato(and WifiRemote) is working on an integration with MPExtended so it will in the end support also library browsing features.

I think he struggles with the small screen when testing design ideas. Have you started with graphic mockups for your app idea? My personal view is that the screen is too small. I have an iPhone and iPod. Eve could, in therory, support also iPhone, iPod. Most code could be reused but the graphics design and all work in guiDesigner would need to be redone and I do not think it is worth the effort.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That looks great, I think I have changed my mind regarding the screen size:)

But, for me, it's not worth implementing support for the small screen size in eve.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Eve looks great. In general, it is what I am thinking of.

I want to support iPhone and iPod touch (since they make really nice remote controls).[DOUBLEPOST=1345716534][/DOUBLEPOST]

I don't like those remote imitations. Since the display has not haptical feedback I cannot touch the right button while starring at the screen. I want to browse through my library on the device, select the movie, hit play and put the device aside.

You can not acces your libary yet (maybe in the future) but if you shake your device you can control MP using gestures.. So you don't have to watch to the device for pressing the right button.. That's working really good! I hope this feature will be coming to ampdroid aswell since I'm using a GS III..

nurm

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The goal should be to do everything with the app what you can do with mediaportal itself. Creating Playlists, starting music, lastfm playback included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom