Anyone else have missing media icons with Moving Pictures and latest MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's like Mediainfo isn't working or something. In MP-TVSeries it's working fine. But with Moving Pictures, newly imported movies only display the subtitle icon. Is there some sort of incompability with Mediainfo at the moment?

Emph

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    didn't hear any complaints up to now.
    but if something is wrong, there should be something in the logfiles (mediaportal or movingpictures)
    care to share them?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    didn't hear any complaints up to now.
    but if something is wrong, there should be something in the logfiles (mediaportal or movingpictures)
    care to share them?
    Do I need to import a movie for the log of interest to be generated, or will there be stuff related to mediainfo in logs just by entering the plugin?

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Keep in mind there are two things at play here.

1) Moving-Pictures database that gets updated during an import or a MediaInfo update scan, and which values are available to the MediaPortal Skin engine to show when browsing through your collection. These values are stored in "local_media" table in columns such as "videoresolution", "videocodec", "audiocodec", "audiochannels", and "hassubtitles". There are also new columns now such as "ishdr" if the skin supports them (and the media was processed with a MediaInfo version that supports it). For MovingPictures the same folder as MediaPortal is used, so [User-Files]\[Skin-Name]\Media\Logos\[type]\[codec].png but for MP-TVSeries for example these are grabbed from [User-Files]\[Skin-Name]\Media\TVSeries\Logos\[type]\[codec].png

2) MediaPortal right before playback will initiate a quick MediaInfo scan (viewable in mediaportal.log file) and those details are then used by the MediaPortal Skin engine for any overlays during playback (like when you do F9 or pause the media). These have to match the values found in: [User-Files]\[Skin-Name]\Media\Logos\[type]\[codec].png

If the database value is like "AC-3" and you have a file called "AC-3.png" then the skin will end up using that to view. But it might also be listed as "AC3" so then you need "AC3.png" image, or in most cases have duplicated images with multiple names to ensure you match all the different combinations possible/used.

For new imports you might end up with fields like "EAC3 ATMOS", "DTSHD_MA", "TRUEHD ATMOS" or "AAC HE-AAC" and if you don't have the matching image then it will show as blank/missing.

The match is case-insensitive, so "AC3" will match "ac3.png"

For Titan it would be: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Media\Logos\audio
    1. 0.png
    2. 1.png
    3. 2.0.png
    4. 2.1.png
    5. 2.png
    6. 20.png
    7. 3.1.png
    8. 3.png
    9. 4.1.png
    10. 5.0.png
    11. 5.1.png
    12. 6.1.png
    13. 7.1.png
    14. 7.png
    15. 8.png
    16. 9.1.png
    17. aac he-aac.png
    18. aac lc.png
    19. aac version 4 lc.png
    20. aac version 4 main.png
    21. aac.png
    22. ac-3 atmos.png
    23. ac-3 dolby digital.png
    24. ac-3 es matrix.png
    25. ac-3 es.png
    26. ac-3 ma.png
    27. ac-3 net.png
    28. ac-3 truehd.png
    29. ac-3.png
    30. ac-3plus.png
    31. ac3.png
    32. adpcm.png
    33. alac.png
    34. als.png
    35. amr.png
    36. ape.png
    37. atrac lossless.png
    38. atrac.png
    39. atrac3 plus.png
    40. atrac3.png
    41. atrac9.png
    42. dca.png
    43. defaultsound.png
    44. dolbydigital.png
    45. dolbydigitalplus.png
    46. dolbypro.png
    47. dolbytruehd.png
    48. dsd.png
    49. dtmsa-1.png
    50. dts 96.png
    51. dts 96_24.png
    52. dts es 96_24.png
    53. dts es discrete.png
    54. dts es matrix.png
    55. DTS ES.png
    56. dts hra.png
    57. dts ma.png
    58. dts.png
    59. dts9624.png
    60. dtsex.png
    61. dtshd.png
    62. dtshd_hra.png
    63. dtshd_ma.png
    64. dtshra.png
    65. dtsma.png
    66. dtsx.png
    67. dts_96_24.png
    68. e-ac-3.png
    69. eac3 atmos.png
    70. eac3+atmos.png
    71. eac3.png
    72. eac3atmos.png
    73. flac.png
    74. g.723.1.png
    75. iac2.png
    76. mac3.png
    77. mac6.png
    78. mlp.png
    79. mono.png
    80. mp1.png
    81. mp2.png
    82. mp3.png
    83. mpeg audio version 1 layer 2.png
    84. mpeg audio version 1 layer 3.png
    85. opus.png
    86. pcm.png
    87. quicktime.png
    88. RA.png
    89. realaudio.png
    90. rkaudio.png
    91. stereo.png
    92. truehd atmos.png
    93. truehd+atmos.png
    94. truehd.png
    95. truehdatmos.png
    96. truespeech.png
    97. tta1.png
    98. vorbis.png
    99. wave.png
    100. wavpack.png
    101. wavpack4.png
    102. wma lossless.png
    103. wma voice.png
    104. wma.png
    105. wmahd.png
    106. wmapro.png

PS: Media folders can be overwritten/supplemented by Themes, so double check.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I opened Moving Pictures Configuration and when it was done searching for new movies, I browsed my latest added movies and used the "Update mediainfo" option (which wrote stuff to the Configuration.log) with two movies. Logs are attached.

Emph

Attachments

• log.zip
      4.7 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same issue but only with recorded movie files stored on my NAS. When I copy the file to the NAS storage I get a warning saying that some information will be lost after copying the files. Sorry, I don't have much more information right now but just wanted to maybe give a possible hint to emphatic :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Maybe it's something connected to media indexing on the NAS? All my shared video folders are added to the media indexing (called Video Station on my NAS), just in case it was related, alas, this didn't fix the issue.

Yesterday I reinstalled Moving Pictures, and browsing my movies just now, I clearly have many more media info logos for my latest movies. I'm not sure, but does Moving Pictures install it's own mediainfo.dll? If so, maybe the one that comes with newer versions of MediaPortal now has been replaced, and the previous one haven't been compatible with Moving Pictures?

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @emphatic that changes a lot, because it might simply be a case of not having the right access at the time the file is imported. Still being copied, so lock on reading header while it is being written. But yes, Moving-Pictures directly uses the MePo root folder mediainfo.dll to get the Media Info details directly. Used to always bundle a new version within IMDb+ as MePo used to be slow in updating and MovPic didn't always bundle a new version. But that only worked when I updated the plugin which I haven't done in a while after I lost my development environment for it.

But did you verify then that things go wrong during the import phase, and nothing is stored in the dbase? Have you tried forcing a mediainfo scan inside MovPic config? Does it work then?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Seeing your logs, nothing stands out related to mediainfo.
    I do remember there was a breaking change in mediainfo related stuff in mediaportal a couple of versions ago...
    Perhaps you just had the wrong combi of Mediaportal and Movingpictures version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom