Anyone get HDHomrun working in Media portal tv server in Australia (1 Viewer)

dmb1331

October 3, 2011
Home Country
I am currently a simple WIndows Media Center user and want to change to something a bit more sophisticated with a TV Server backend running on my Hyper-V server for recording TV I currently use HD Homerun and have so for 3 or 4 years and love it to death and would never go back to internal tuners again at worst I would add additional HDHR's to my setup, I plan to use XBMC frontend with MYthbox addon or maybe even mediaportal frontend not 100% on that atm.

I have currently setup mediaportal backend server on my windows 7 64-bit machine as a test but when I scan for channels it simply comes up as no signal I have setup the HDHomerun software to reflect that im using mediaportal but same thing I am really on my last legs trying to get this going and am about to leave mediaportal for good but really think it would be awsome if I could get it going as it looks like a great product but I need help I have been trailing the net for 2 weeks with no real results.:confused:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome dmb1331! :)

...but I need help I have been trailing the net for 2 weeks with no real results.:confused:
    Don't struggle alone.

Okay so the first thing I'm going to ask you to do is post your TV Server logs so I can see what is going on. To do that:

1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click open log directory in the top left hand corner.
    3. Zip up all the files you find there.
    4. Attach the zip file to your post.

The next thing I would ask is what frequencies are you scanning (country and region) and do they match the frequencies in the HDHomeRun software (which I assume is able to find the channels without any problem).

mm

dmb1331

October 3, 2011
    Home Country
    The next thing I would ask is what frequencies are you scanning (country and region) and do they match the frequencies in the HDHomeRun software (which I assume is able to find the channels without any problem).

Hi I have tried various ones but I'm using Australia and Sydney in regards to frequencies I'm am unsure I am really a noob when it comes to stuff outside of Microsoft where everything is pretty much done for you, so I have attached some screen shots that i hope can help.

Thanks in advanced

dmb1331

Attachments

• Mediaportal.jpg
      Mediaportal.jpg
      120.5 KB
    • epg.zip
      76.3 KB

pistnbroke

June 6, 2007
    I have no trouble with mine, 2 things to check..

1. Make sure the firewall is letting through the packets
    2. Did you setup Media centre at all using the tuners ?, if so uninstall Media centre for testing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom